• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question Regarding Rings

Rings along with all relgious items and dog tags are attached to your waist line and placed in your pocket, I do not allow my guys to wear such things in the field in the rear it is okay other wise take it off, take care can-am

Can-american said:
Rings along with all relgious items and dog tags are attached to your waist line and placed in your pocket, I do not allow my guys to wear such things in the field in the rear it is okay other wise take it off, take care can-am

Is that right? You have them wear their dog tags on their waist?

GreyMatter said:
Is that right? You have them wear their dog tags on their waist?

Yeah that's not right.    Dog Tags should be around the neck at ALL times. 

Kinda like when a NCO of mine told us to put black electric tape around the spoons of grenades  ::)

I had the occasion of being "hung" up within our QM in Ottawa.  The scenario was : Line Section QM had boxes on the top shelf I needed.  Instead of taking the .5 min getting a ladder, I climbed up the center post.  On the way down, slipped and grabbed for the first thing (the top).  There was a notch that my middle finger fit into perfectly.  Had I been wearing a ring, I am convinced to this day I would have lost the finger.  All that remains, other than memories, is a couple of scars. 

Just my 2 cents.......
Billy

A former Sect Comd/Tp WO/SSM/RSM of mine (he was all of them at various times), was missing his ring finger, due to the peculiarities of gravity, and the inflexible nature of a .50 mount on a 113.  He was a real bear for jewelry after that, go fig.

Back