• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about a 5(d) release

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris the merc

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I was released from the army in 2006 on a 5 (d) because I failed BMQ.

I know that I can re-apply. But, what is the process? I want to get into the Navy, not the army.

What is the process for getting back in?

I failed BMQ because of NAV, but I have been practicing with toronto road maps.

Go talk to the CFRC, they will be able to explain the process as it pertains to your situation.

But, also the thing is, I had a lot of self-confidence problems. I kept saying to myself (and others) that i was going to fail.

Also, I was slow alot.

BTW, do you know of anybody that got back in after a 5(d) release in situations similar to mine?

chris the merc said:
But, also the thing is, I had a lot of self-confidence problems. I kept saying to myself (and others) that i was going to fail.

Also, I was slow alot.

BTW, do you know of anybody that got back in after a 5(d) release in situations similar to mine?

Hello chris the merc,

So have you worked on your faults?  The confidence and tardiness can't be solved by a few posts on an internet forum.....

Ever try Red Bull?

Those comercials are neat.

dileas

tess

Why do you think the Navy would be easier than the Army? Thats just the feeling I am getting while reading your post?!

OK dude, you're looking for help in the wrong place.  YOU are the only one who can get yourself back in, regardless of whether or not someone has gotten back in after a release like yours.  Trust me, if you want to badly enough anyone can go through basic.  And if NAV was your problem then that's definitely something that can be fixed with help from others and studying....same with being slow, get help from buddy! 

Anyone can do it, if you work hard enough and keep your nose to the grindstone.  I don't know what else to tell you...except that an internet forum isn't going to help you.  you are. 

Good luck!

Release under 5(d) d) Not Advantageously Employable.
because of an inherent lack of ability or aptitude to meet military classification or trade standards; or
who is unable to adapt to military life; or who, either wholly or chiefly because of the conditions of military life or other factors beyond his control, develops personal weaknesses.

) Release under 5(f) Unsuitable for Further Service.
Applies to the release of an officer or non-commissioned member who, either wholly or chiefly because of factors within his control, develops personal weakness or behaviour or has domestic or other personal problems that seriously impair his usefulness to or impose an excessive administrative burden on the Canadian Forces.

Being released 5(d) indicates that you were released because of issues... but issues that were not necessarily ones that you could control.
If you had been released under 5(f) they I would say your chances of making a return engagement would be slim BUT a 5(d) suggest it is possible with a lot of hard work on your part

we will take you in the Navy because we have lower standards then the Airforce & Army.

My question to the Forum is NAV like Map & Compass? And you can be released cause of that?

HFXCrow said:
My question to the Forum is NAV like Map & Compass? And you can be released cause of that?

Land navigation is performance check. Repeated failures of any performance check can result in failure of the course, which can lead to an a career review assessment resulting in release.

HFX Crow is being sarcastic I'm sure when he mentions that we of the Senior Service has lower standrads then those ofour brethren in the Army or the Air Force.

Just so you know BMQ is the same for all pers in all three elements in the RegF . It'll either be at St Jean or Borden. NAV with city maps will help... Like practicing driving on an automatic will help you when you learn to drive a manual car.

I do have a bit of a sarcastic side!

I didn't realize that you could fail Map & Compass (Land Nav), so I was asking the question.

When I went thru people failed for kit & quarters or for liking there buddy!

geo said:
Being released 5(d) indicates that you were released because of issues... but issues that were not necessarily ones that you could control.
If you had been released under 5(f) they I would say your chances of making a return engagement would be slim BUT a 5(d) suggest it is possible with a lot of hard work on your part

Hard work? Such as?

I'm locking this.

It means so much to our friend here that he logs off seconds after posting a question like that.

Just in case I am wrong about you, well, work on the stuff you didn't do well on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back