• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

-questions about infantry training a unit placement-

Nic.Robinson17

Inactive
Reaction score
Alright so im off to basic the 18th of april! I have my BMQ in st jean and then i start my infantry training. I was wondering at what point will i be asked where i want to serve. Do i have a choice? Id love to be posted at CFB Petawawa where my uncle served but i dont mind if i dont get posted there. Also can you request to be assigned to a certain batalion? Im interested in light infantry vs armoured. (I assume that would be the 3rd batalion) Thanks for the knowledge!

-Nicky  :cdn:

Nic.Robinson17 said:
Alright so im off to basic the 18th of april! I have my BMQ in st jean and then i start my infantry training. I was wondering at what point will i be asked where i want to serve. Do i have a choice? Id love to be posted at CFB Petawawa where my uncle served but i dont mind if i dont get posted there. Also can you request to be assigned to a certain batalion? Im interested in light infantry vs armoured. (I assume that would be the 3rd batalion) Thanks for the knowledge!

Where am i most likely to go after bmq(infantry)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/116311.0

Ok thanks for the link! What i understood was: that i may be told after battleschool which means say i go to meaford for my battleschool i may get posted at a battalion in example Shilo or Edmonton or even Valcartier. Thats not what i thought i assumed the battle school your placed in has a direct influence on which regiment you get posted at!

Congratulations.

Almost any question that you may have has already been answered. Please read through older threads and use the Search Function. That can save a lot of Site clutter from repetitive questions and answers.

Back