• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick question before handing in my application

syed_ali24

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have just finished applying online as my online recruiter advised me to do so and I was also given a few forms to fill out and bring in to my recruiter, along with my SIN, Birth certificate passport etc... I have just finished filling out my application and I noticed that my name on my birth certificate AND SIN card is spelled one letter differently from my drivers license, health card and passport. Both my birth certificate and SIN card are spelled as "Mohammad" but on my passport, drivers license and health card it is spelled  as "Mohammed". Is this is issue? I was going to hand in my forms this Friday but I wanted to make sure first before going in if this will be a problem or not.

Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

Hi there, im a fellow applicant. I handed in all hard copies, my name was spelt Callum on birth certificate, but on my license its spelt Calum, missing an L. It didn't matter much for me. I got it changed the day after.
but if I were you, I'll call the recruiter and ask them if it would be an issue. But really, idk much, im only an applicant, but I hope I maybe helped you.

Metsuke said:
Hi there, im a fellow applicant. I handed in all hard copies, my name was spelt Callum on birth certificate, but on my license its spelt Calum, missing an L. It didn't matter much for me. I got it changed the day after.
but if I were you, I'll call the recruiter and ask them if it would be an issue. But really, idk much, im only an applicant, but I hope I maybe helped you.

You should stick to your lanes.  Hint this isn't one of them.

syed_ali24 said:
Hey guys,

I have just finished applying online as my online recruiter advised me to do so and I was also given a few forms to fill out and bring in to my recruiter, along with my SIN, Birth certificate passport etc... I have just finished filling out my application and I noticed that my name on my birth certificate AND SIN card is spelled one letter differently from my drivers license, health card and passport. Both my birth certificate and SIN card are spelled as "Mohammad" but on my passport, drivers license and health card it is spelled  as "Mohammed". Is this is issue? I was going to hand in my forms this Friday but I wanted to make sure first before going in if this will be a problem or not.

Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

Yes it can be an issue, not earth shattering, but when your name is submitted for CRNC/Credit Checks, having different spellings of your name on official documents can cause delays as it may come back with the wrong information. My question to you is why you have not rectified when you first saw the inconsistencies.

To be completely honest, it has been 19 years and I have never had possession of my birth certificate up until now, yet alone gotten a proper glimpse of it. I have finally received it from my mother and into my possession while gathering all my documents required for the application process and I noticed that the spelling was a letter different. I am assuming that the name on my birth certificate is the one I should be putting on my application which I have done. (correct me if i'm mistaken) The process to fix the spelling on my health card, passport and license could take very long so I will give my recruiter a call today and see what advice he has for me and what step(s) I shall take next.

Thank you for the help though.

License and health (if in Ontario) should take no longer than a the day you go in. Passport may take a little longer but no more than two weeks really.

syed_ali24 said:
To be completely honest, it has been 19 years and I have never had possession of my birth certificate up until now, yet alone gotten a proper glimpse of it. I have finally received it from my mother and into my possession while gathering all my documents required for the application process and I noticed that the spelling was a letter different. I am assuming that the name on my birth certificate is the one I should be putting on my application which I have done. (correct me if i'm mistaken) The process to fix the spelling on my health card, passport and license could take very long so I will give my recruiter a call today and see what advice he has for me and what step(s) I shall take next.

Thank you for the help though.

Yes, what is on your birth certificate is your legal name and should be used for all documentation.  If your recruiter is on the ball, they "should" be telling you to get your other documents fixed, but since most of them do not actually do any of the back end file processing they may not know themselves what you should do.  This is actually a pretty common thing in Toronto (especially with your name, since there are are quite a number of variations on the spelling), we would just tell you use your birth certificate (or citizenship card, if born outside Canada), and change all documents to match.

As far as it taking time, it doesn't take that long as aquaholic said.  Sorting it out now will save you headaches down the road.

When I asked about my address not being up to date on my licence, the recruiter made it very clear that everything should be up to date and valid. Just to be safe, get it changed! If you go into a Service Canada office vs online, they will give you a form with all of your up to date info while the new card is in the mail.. The recruiting centre should accept that form along with the out-dated card.

Good luck!
ShadyBrah

Hatchet Man said:
Yes, what is on your birth certificate is your legal name and should be used for all documentation.  If your recruiter is on the ball, they "should" be telling you to get your other documents fixed, but since most of them do not actually do any of the back end file processing they may not know themselves what you should do.  This is actually a pretty common thing in Toronto (especially with your name, since there are are quite a number of variations on the spelling), we would just tell you use your birth certificate (or citizenship card, if born outside Canada), and change all documents to match.
ShadyBrah said:
When I asked about my address not being up to date on my licence, the recruiter made it very clear that everything should be up to date and valid. Just to be safe, get it changed! If you go into a Service Canada office vs online, they will give you a form with all of your up to date info while the new card is in the mail.. The recruiting centre should accept that form along with the out-dated card.

Good luck!
ShadyBrah
As far as it taking time, it doesn't take that long as aquaholic said.  Sorting it out now will save you headaches down the road.

Thanks for the help! I will be going into Service Ontario first thing tomorrow morning. Also, any idea what I should do for my high school/college transcripts?

syed_ali24 said:

Thanks for the help! I will be going into Service Ontario first thing tomorrow morning. Also, any idea what I should do for my high school/college transcripts?

Contact your school/board of education and obtain them.

Back