• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rapelling out of Griffon‘s in Basic

D

D-n-A

I was talking to my brother yesterday, he‘s over at St Jean doing his Basic, an he said that he got to rappell out of a Griffon, only him an 7 others volunteered to do it too

anyways, is this usuall?

It is commonplace in the units and in Battle School but not in basic training,just a lucky break.

It doesnt seem to be commonplace. I‘m at St Jean at the moment and I havn‘t heard anything about it. I just asked a week 9 dude and he‘s only aware of people using the rapelling tower.

A friend of mine graduated from St. Jean in June and she got to repel out of one. The majority of her course only did the rapeling tower but some volunteered for the Griffon.

Some IAP/BOTP platoons were flown to Farnham from St-Jean in Griffons early this summer. NOBODY rappelled from one... The rappel tower is part of basic trg for recruits and ocdts, and at the end of the trg, they are offered to try the "free rappel side" which is used to simulate rappeling fron a helicopter (35 ft vs 120). There is neither the time nor the resources to train troops in rappeling from helicopters during basic, and it is simply not done. Shake the truth out of these liars !!!

HeHe, I have to correct myself, I asked my girlfriend last night and she told me it was a SIMULATION, Jungle is right.

That‘s what I get for not paying attention ;)

Back