• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Raptor RPG Shark replaces Sharks with Freakin' lazers....

Which works as the new Uber Weapon and Range Control Enforcer

• Sharks with Freakin Lazers (I'm old school)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Raptor RPG Shark ( Better bang for the buck)

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • WOW untrained Ptes with C7s

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

ArmyRick

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Hey. I recently saw a cool picture on this web site. It was a Velociraptor with RPG riding a shark. I downloaded the picture but can not find it right now. I will find it eventually.

Anyways I propose the Raptor RPG shark replaces the old classic Sharks with freakin Lazers

1. There are three systems in one vice two;
2. It just looks cooler; and
3. It might be modular (On land, have the shark ride on the raptor maybe?)

What are your thoughst on this? I was up all night thinking about this instead of planning to run a C7 range I am doing today.

ArmyRick said:
What are your thoughst on this? I was up all night thinking about this instead of planning to run a C7 range I am doing today.

C7 Ranges can run themselves. A good cpl and two untrained privates could run a C7 Range.

I like the sharks with "frikkin laser beams" - old school evil genius stuff.  Raptors would require a bunch of scientific stuff like research. We have sharks already.

But mutated sea bass are acceptable too.

C7 ranges with Ptes that played WoW, or whatever is hot today, can run themselves. Plus, the untrained Ptes will appreciate you because they might have their two year waiting period to apply for CSOR waived.

Jesus, just wait until the recruiting threads get hold of the facts that we now have a JTF5 - you'll be seen as a visionary for all of these would be warriors.

But if you're going to talk lasers and such, lose the Karl G. That's, like, so yesterday. Unless you're from a certain Ontario regiment, then I could understand your wanting to keep an eye on it.

Range planning and instructions? Phooey! Like Jim says, C7 range practically runs itself anyways.

Anymore input on RPG Raptor Shark? Is there a way to insert a poll onto this thread perhaps?

Had to vote for sharks with freakin' lasers.  I couldn't bring myself to vote for Pte's untrained in WoW.  :D

I was hoping more people would get involved with such an important thread! A little disappointed.

Can we have a third option?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

(I'd like to see a military version of this guy lol)

The RPG Raptor Shark is clearly a joint strike system, the raptor module could devour the WoWish PTEs ;)

RPG Raptor Shark Characteristics
1. The RPG Raptor Shark is a three weapon system capable of operating in all land and sea environments;
2. It has multiple effective ranges;
3. It can devour stupid, useless and moronic people on both land and water;
4. Due to the unpredictable nature of the three systems there is a high probability for friendly and civilian casualties;
5. It can be re-fueled by simply allowing the shark and raptor to successfully engage its targets or in an emergency, feeding it HQ staff;
6. The raptor can temporarily dismount from the shark for land operations; and
7. Maintenance requirements for all three systems is minimal and operational capability will remain high.

ArmyRick said:
RPG Raptor Shark Characteristics
1. The RPG Raptor Shark is a three weapon system capable of operating in all land and sea environments;
2. It has multiple effective ranges;
3. It can devour stupid, useless and moronic people on both land and water;
4. Due to the unpredictable nature of the three systems there is a high probability for friendly and civilian casualties;
5. It can be re-fueled by simply allowing the shark and raptor to successfully engage its targets or in an emergency, feeding it HQ staff;
6. The raptor can temporarily dismount from the shark for land operations; and
7. Maintenance requirements for all three systems is minimal and operational capability will remain high.

Of all those I like number 3 the best, closely followed by number 5.

You have too much time on your hands young Jedi.

Jim Seggie said:
Of all those I like number 3 the best, closely followed by number 5.

You have too much time on your hands young Jedi.

Sorry I thought 3 and 5 were the same,  oh right DND equals redundancy.  8)

Danjanou said:
Sorry I thought 3 and 5 were the same,  oh right DND equals redundancy.  8)

Not true - there are other civil service folks out there just as deserving...

MM

medicineman said:
Not true - there are other civil service folks out there just as deserving...

MM

Can the raptor-shark combo feed on politicians or is that poison to them?

How about provincial civil servants?

Jim Seggie said:
Can the raptor-shark combo feed on politicians or is that poison to them?

How about provincial civil servants?

The problem with them feeding on politicians is, as politicos are largely bags of wind anyways, the shark and the raptor may have alot of gas issues post eating that would result in them either disliking these food sources or limiting the amount they would eat per feeding.

Civil servants are civil servants in the eyes of a predatory carnivore...

MM

Thats the beauty of the triple system, if the raptor can't eat it, it simply shoots it with the RPG. Now you will need several politicians clumped together as the last time I RSO'd a range with raptors shooting I had several issues
1. They tried to eat me first;
2. They wouldn't stop squawking during the range safety brief I was forced to give from inside a bunker;
3. they randomly starting shooting RPG projectiles up range, down range, to the next range, at the admin area. Pretty much anything was fair game. This WAS before I had permission to go live. I determined that a raptor with RPG (2/3  of the system) is an area weapon. Hence accuracy was an issue. Thats why we need several politicians clumped together.

Now, next week should be fun. I am trying to book some ocean time and put all three systems together for an ocean live shoot. Is there any Navy personnel that ran torpedo or navy gun ranges who can advise me the best way to go about this?

http://gizmodo.com/5907009/real-lasers-on-actual-sharks

Untrained Pte's with or without weapons are frightening enough. At least the RPG/Raptor/Shark combo provides fair warning before something goes pear shaped...

Back