• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm really serious here.

This navel - gazing thing makes no sense to me.

If I was gazing at my own navel, I would have to pry apart the ridges of rock hard abdominal muscle, after averting my gaze from perfectly formed and bulging pectorals. Since I post naked most of the time, the "rest" of the view is something that women aspire to get, and men aspire to achieve.

If I was gazing at someone elses navel, most definitely a female with barbie like proportions and Gwen Stefani like contortions, it would not be an experience that I would connect in any way with anyone on this website (sorry).

Finally, if someone else was gazing at my navel, I would probably be revelling in this most pleasant act of mouthification, and once again, not posting on Army.ca.

I think I've covered all of the bases here, now what does "navel gazing" mean?

armyvern said:
I'd like the opportunity to contemplate his navel!!

+1 for the suggestion!!
And +1 for GO!!! once every 5 hours if he follows your suggestion   >:D
Sorry....I wasn't commenting on him, but for him......nothing to do with his navel.....figuratively speaking anyone's navel.....sheesh!

GO!!! said:
I think I've covered all of the bases here, now what does "navel gazing" mean?
Some good points there, but metaphorically speaking.....it really has nothing to do with your navel......but more to do with that thoughtful space you go to in contemplating the more serious things and realize that they are all not that serious after all and that there is probable still a tall cool one sitting in the fridge, and a chilled mug in the freezer, that could use some liberating so that you can further contemplate the grand scheme of things called 'Life'.  Many in the process of doing this have a habit of bowing their heads and looking down, perhaps contemplating their navels in the process.  Now if you don't have a navel, then you are perfect, so contemplation is a useless passtime, and you need not do it.  Most of us aren't in that 'proverbial' boat, so we sometime get caught in that position of thought.

[Edit:  On reflection and rereading my post I found some errors, that in my haste I had forgotten to include in typing my thoughts.  Alluminium.  I blame Alluminium Mess Tins.  ;D ]

Thanks George. That does make sense.

Too bad I can't figure out how to get pics into my posts - can someone PM me?

I had a few gooders...

Springroll said:
Yippee!!
I am going to aim at getting the highest negatives without posting....just watch the numbers climb ;D
Fellow cougar-not the AFV type....gave you a -1...just trying to help you reach your goal/acieve your aim!!  :D

It seems that this is the one site change that has garnered the most immediate attention ever.

MCG said:
It seems that this is the one site change that has garnered the most immediate attention ever.

All for ????

I could never figure out why it was around -- for you can piss an idiot off (while your) giving good info, and the CS'er can still sandbag you with a -1.

Secondly since many of us dont really care what people on the errornet think of us - what was the point?

This is a thread about the ratings to answer any questions.  I don't want to have to trash this because people are using it basically to spam.

Keep this for answering questions, not "OMGZZZ I HAV LYK -5693 ratings acuz I got 8 more wen i wuz asleep pls."

Thanks.

I erased the posts...because they did not contribute anything meaningful to the thread.

Rather than whining about how many black marks you both get why not work on improving yourselves.

Either way those posts that I erased were nothing more than a waste of bandwidth and won't be tolerated.

Clean it up and contribute meaningful posts from now on please.

Slim
STAFF

my my, it would appear that I am simultaneously the most-loved and most-hated man on the boards. Look at me go! I think that there must be those who actually time their appearances so they may continuously 'demote' me. I have this hilarious image of someone setting their alarm clock to log in and click on me. Far too funny.

The really amusing part is that it will, in no way, affect my posts. I will continue to tell the truth as I see it, make as many jokes as I can, and hopefully teach the various wannabe's and FNG's how to become soldiers as efficiently as possible, in order to prevent injuries and course failures.

Goodness, but I cannot decribe how tingly I am inside knowing that someone, somewhere, cares enough to click like mad on a button under my nickname. Perhaps I should also start to actually 'demote' people?

Naaah, it's just too silly. Even for me.

Frankly, I truly think this entire experiment, while fun for a day or two, is not going anywhere. I won't change my posts to suit anyone else aside from the Staff and Mike, so why would I expect anyone else to, simply to accomodate some numbers that can be so easily distorted?

paracowboy said:
my my, it would appear that I am simultaneously the most-loved and most-hated man on the boards. Look at me go! I think that there must be those who actually time their appearances so they may continuously 'demote' me. I have this hilarious image of someone setting their alarm clock to log in and click on me. Far too funny.

dammit you're on to my methods  ;D

Having provided nothing more than a weekend's worth of entertainment and work for the DS, the Ratings System Experiment has been scrapped. I'm guessing it won't be missed with the same fervour it was met with.

I miss it in the same way I miss garrison boots - the pain was distracting me from the task at hand.  Certainly brought about some interesting commentary, though! 

It was good, all joking aside. I think some people obviously were just fooling around with it, or fulfilling their owned twisted agenda.

I think it was a validation for some of the more experienced posters. They are providing a lot of fantastic information for people new to the CF and the forums. I don't want to single anyone out, but I'd say people  got the recognition and promotions they deserve for the excellent advice they give. There is a lot of experience and wisdom on this board. Soldiers willing to impart their knowledge  to those of us who aspire to be but half the patriots and fighters they are.

Thanks Mike for giving us the opportunity to let those guys and gals know that we appreciate the time they take to 'give us the straight goods'.

And Para, I only demoted you every 10 hours.  ;)

Good call.

I think many were getting their buddies to jack their rating up....

Alright, we all had our fun.  Time to bring this to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back