• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCD News

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
The Royal Canadian Dragoons
Worthington Parade Square
CFB Petawawa, ON
24 1230 hrs June 2006

(A Saturday)

Change of Command from LCol L.E. Thomas, CD to LCol S.M. Cadden, CD'
and;
Change of Appointment from CWO J.D.J Levesque, MMM, CD to CWO K.M. Lee, CD

More information can be found on the RCD site, and by contacting the Regiment.  Also, after the parade there will be a reception at 1400 hrs at Dragoon Park near the Pde Sq.  Dress is DEU 1A

George Wallace said:
The Royal Canadian Dragoons
Worthington Parade Square
CFB Petawawa, ON
24 1230 hrs June 2006

(A Saturday)

Change of Command from LCol L.E. Thomas, CD to LCol S.M. Cadden, CD'
and;
Change of Appointment from CWO J.D.J Levesque, MMM, CD to CWO K.M. Lee, CD

More information can be found on the RCD site, and by contacting the Regiment.  Also, after the parade there will be a reception at 1400 hrs at Dragoon Park near the Pde Sq.  Dress is DEU 1A

I take it you'll be there George?

I was really hoping on being there, but I will be in Calgary all that week, returning on the 24th after the parade would be over.

In the news that I received, there were the customary Snr NCO Mixed Dining In on Thursday, the Offr Mixed Dining In on Friday, but no mention of an All Ranks Dance.

George Wallace said:
I was really hoping on being there, but I will be in Calgary all that week, returning on the 24th after the parade would be over.

In the news that I received, there were the customary Snr NCO Mixed Dining In on Thursday, the Offr Mixed Dining In on Friday, but no mention of an All Ranks Dance.

I'd only be able to make the parade and I told CWO Levesque that.  I'd likely be the only kilted soul there, kinda like yesterday at the CMP's C of C at NDHQ.  (at least I added some colour to the place! ;D)

Haggis said:
I'd only be able to make the parade and I told CWO Levesque that.  I'd likely be the only kilted soul there, kinda like yesterday at the CMP's C of C at NDHQ.  (at least I added some colour to the place! ;D)

I'll have to remember that....hmmmm    ;)

Regards

Recce By Death said:
I'll have to remember that....hmmmm     ;)

Regards

When CWO Levesque took over in 2003, the outgoing RSM tasked me to have the Roto 13 Reserve Infantry Company (C Coy) on parade.  He insisted that the dress would be DEU 1A for all, us included.  He changed his mind when I told him we'd have 23 different cap badges, 8 different kilts, maroon berets, green berets, Glengarrys, caubeens etc. etc. :eek:

We came a spectators.

Hmmmm.....

Putting dots down, connecting them....awwww crap! I know who you are...

Something about 2 drink limit in Sarejevo...the rest got blurry.    ;)

Regards

Recce By Death said:
Hmmmm.....

Putting dots down, connecting them....awwww crap! I know who you are...

Something about 2 drink limit in Sarejevo...the rest got blurry.    ;)

Regards

My identity is no big secret on these forums.  I know who you are, too.  Sarajevo is a nice town, at least part of it.

Are you aware of the concept of plausible deniability???

Haggis said:
I know who you are, too.  Sarajevo is a nice town, at least part of it.

Are you aware of the concept of plausible deniability???

I can neither confirm nor deny the existance of such a concept    ;D

Regards

Funny how time flies, I knew LCol Cadden as a 2Lt. For that matter I knew the CDS when he was the "crazy" Capt. who kept coming up with new ways to torture.. I mean motivate his Sqn.

;D

These boards are rather interesting.......... You never know on some of the unidentified members who may be lurking behind that blank profile.  Sometimes, you can figure out who they are by their posts, and realize that you were at a certain location at a certain time and only one other person was present and just like that, you know who that member is. I  had a fairly lengthy chat with RSM Levesque yesterday afternoon and discovered he just became a new member on this site, however, I see his profile under his user name is blank. Watch your conduct Dragoons!  ;D 

So you had to let the cat out of the bag eh!  Who else have you discovered?  ;D

You knew he was on George? Geez, the power you mods wield is scary............  ;D I've figured out a few, some high profile, some a lowly Corporal like myself. 

RSM Levesque held a Town Hall in the lecture room of Bldg. BB F-16 at 1500hrs 31 May 2006.

The meat and potatoes of this town hall was that Base wants our Barrack Block.  CFB Petawawa is experiencing a severe shortage of accomodations and Base is looking for any quarters it can get its hands on. 1RCR has relinquished control of G-101. 3RCR was moved out of their quarters and into 2CER's barrack block while renovations are conducted on the old CAR shacks. 2CER was moved into vacant rooms in the Leadership buildings.  There will be no tent city set up on the for the reservists this summer and they need to find accomodations for these people.

As a result, the RCD has relinquished control over the C Wing of BB F-16 as a compromise to Base to hang onto our Quarters.  All pers living in C Wing will be moved out of their rooms NLT 28 June 2006.  60+ Armoured Reservists from 31 CBG, 32 CBG and 33 CBG who are on their SQ and DP1 will be occupying these rooms.  Base will retain the right to place transients and or anyone needing a room into these quarters in the future after the Reservists leave.

Insofar as RCD living-in pers are concerned, what this means is the days of having your own room in the shacks are over. You will have a roommate.  Gone are the days of double and queen sized beds, 60 inch TV's and full living room sets.  As well, when you deploy on tour, you will most likely have to place all your personal kit into a self storage unit so if the Unit needs more accomodations while you are gone, they can use your old space.  Just like the old days.

This is just a FYI post to give a heads up to any troops in Gagetown who are coming back to Pet or are a new Trooper coming to Pet.  If this sounds unappealing to you, go in with a buddy or two and get a PMQ.

Regards

George Wallace said:
So you had to let the cat out of the bag eh!  Who else have you discovered?   ;D
george i just joined this site it seems that only you me and lance are not afraid to reveil our identities

Hi there Don.

So where are you now, Calgary?

Actually, there's quite a few guys that don't hide behind there user name, they pick nicknames that they like.  Stick around, you'll be surprised at how many guys you recognize!

RECCECREWMAN,

The same thing is happening here in Edmonton, the base is saying something about the shacks being for training only or crap like that, and that the soldiers should live out on the economy! Thats not a bad idea, except for the fact that a house in Edmonton is around $400,000 for a small one at that! It sucks for the new troops coming to Edmonton, if they don't already own a house, they prob never will, unless they come back with some type of PLD!

Lance Wiebe said:
Hi there Don.

So where are you now, Calgary?

Actually, there's quite a few guys that don't hide behind there user name, they pick nicknames that they like.  Stick around, you'll be surprised at how many guys you recognize!
Hi Lance, i plan on sticking around, i am in Montreal now, left at 22 and did the complete circle and 30 years later returned to my home town nice hearing from you.

Leliefontein is soon to be here.  All The Regiment is at home, for the most part, right now.  It looks like there shall be a 'normal' Leliefontein celebration once again this November. 

Back