• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCHA Reunion Thread 1970's- 1980's-Come One, Come All

Anyone know the whereabouts of Jack Horner.  His real name was Rod but we all called him Jack.  Havent seen or heard of him since Lahr and Roger and I would really like to see him again.  Let me know if you know anything.

Someone said that the last they saw of him he was finishing university in Cambridge.  Nothing after that.  I dont remember him being french but its possible.

He was English but from Westmount or some English neighbourhood.  He only used his second language when required or if he had a few. 

The last I heard from Jack was about 22 years ago, he lived in Cambridge, Ont. at the time, and had just finished a psych. program at a university, and yes he was/is from Montreal.

For all of you people who are reluctant to sign up for Facebook I am offering an incentive.  Tonight I added 83 pics from the good ole days.  There are pics of people, parties and events, most involving beer and (well, you know)

So join Facebook, its free, and one you are in there is a search box in the upper left corner of your page.  Type in "1RCHA Lahr (1976 - 1982)" and you will find the group.  Join in or just check out the pics.  But it really can be fun so please consider joining in and telling anyone else that might be interested .

See you on Facebook.

I am putting this post in a few threads to ensure the news gets out so forgive me for duplicating.

For all of you people who are reluctant to sign up for Facebook I am offering an incentive.  Tonight I added 83 pics from the good ole days.  There are pics of people, parties and events, most involving beer and (well, you know)

So join Facebook, its free, and once you are in there is a search box in the upper left corner of your page.  Type in "1RCHA Lahr (1976 - 1982)" and you will find the group.  Join in or just check out the pics.  But it really can be fun so please consider joining in and telling anyone else that might be interested .

See you on Facebook.

Come on guys, at least join in the face-book and stroll down memory lane with the rest of us.
Its painless.

Danny Hiscock you're there
Rod "jack" Horner
Alec Macintosh
Tim Easter
Denise
Rodger aka Wawa
Many more........................

Most pictures are in side shots of the Hirsch...but what the hay, thats where we were most of the time...

Come look...

Paul ,,,.................

Do you have memories of Lahr? I bet they're not the memories of the nights and days spent partying. Because you blacked out, how could you remember?

Come to face book and see some pictures of how you looked on those days and nights that got lost in a haze of good time rolling.

Great pics Denise.

Can't believe we all looked like that back then. 

The tight blue jean shorts brings back some memories?????  I remember how cool we all thought it looked!! 

Now if you see someone wearing shorts like that, it is usually in a bar called the "Blue Oyster"  LOL 

Most of us weighed "a buck 30 or 40 and had shoulders on us like a "trout"

Hey Gunners,

Sammy Samms here. Looking forward to seeing you folks in Arnprior. I'm just watching the Pens Wings game with Mike Mcdonald and Tony Gilks. This is a great site. Anyway second period is on goota go. Don't forget your helmets and shit sheilds when you come to Arnprior

Sammy

Hi Herbies and a special hello to you Bob,I was the FCS Sgt,for the
Regt.80-83 remember the little office in the northwest corner of the
hanger.I will not be able to attend as I am still in Lahr but my thoughts
will be with you as the time I spent with you guys was some of best
I had in the Army.Thanks.
                                Regards

The get together is looking real good.

The Arnprior legion is ready to go for 2 August.

I am (so far) expecting around 30 and still counting.

FYI
The Artillery website is just in the process of being updated. The discussion forum is still in its early stages with very light traffic. However, you may want to register there as well.  www.artillery.net

Tony Gilks just told me about this site.  I was in Lahr from 77-82 in A Bty.  Been a long time since I've seen some of these names.  I've tired to keep in contact with some guys but as you know we all move or change.  I've sent this link to Dave Prong and Bob Hosier.  I'm in Ottawa and will try and make it to the reunion even though I have a Triathlon in Ktown that weekend.  I still bump into herbies everywhere.  Spud Leclair in the grocery store, Bob Skinner walking along the Rideau canal, Lloyd Walker working in the Holiday Inn airport in the Peg. Cant believe I see names like Shewfelt and Monkhouse.  Spending an hour of work time to read this is golden.  I need a Reigler Beer and a schnitzel.

Would this be the Geoff Williams that lived on Michael Cresent in Pet for a while?

Geoff
Great to see your doing well.  I still recall our Gagetown/Bangor trip.  Friday nights at the Zoo.. drop me a line.
George

Yes Bruce.  The same guy that chased you over your lawn with my motorcycle.  Walked down the road in your jammies and housecoat lately?

Hi George, I remember the Bangor trip quite well.  I have stayed there again since.  Fortunately with the new Trans Canada you never have to see Gagetown again.

Its not the work its the people that put the personality in life that brings back memories.

One of my favourite times in Lahr was Arty tech course and we went to Bitche France with B battery for firing.  Supertramp, beer, outdoor movies.  Critchley would get up and dance in between rolls of film and get pummelled with beer cans.  Ah the simple life.

I still wander around in my housecoat mumbling incoherently at times...... :clown:

Oh yea, changed the thread title so this is a bump.

I just got back from Canada stayed at Bob Hosier's also Dave Prong  right on . May Till June 5 weeks.I am still in germany lets have a party in germany were it happend guys ????? " 2010 Germany RCHA Days & Dreams " First Canada then? by Greg gibson gregsgibson@aol.com P. S. Lets round up everyone, if your still kiken get in here !!

Back