• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Commissioner Lucki Stepping Down

So who would be in contention to be appointed as the next Commissioner?

So who would be in contention to be appointed as the next Commissioner?
A short list will come out. The current in house officers aren’t really stand out at the moment. We ve burned through a lot over the last few years. And lots of the current ones are tainted by unflattering cbc articles- so a government of appearances is in a bind.

Personally, I believe that we ll have an acting one for a while. As this one didn’t quite work out the way the government, in my opinion, was hoping. She was plagued by some of the worst and largest events she could have been- and would have been over her head in calm seas- so they may be shy to run into a new one immediately.

I hope she enjoys her retirement. She’s taken a beating for a while now. While I disagree with her on a ton of things- she has definitely been fighting in all directions for a while.

So, according to Wikipedia, the commissioner has 37 years of service, and will have five as commissioner. Therefore, assuming no periods of leave without pay within her service, she would be eligible for 70% of the average of her best five years of pay.

If we assume an average pay of $350k during her tenure as commissioner, then her annual pension would be on the order of $245k, with a reduction at age 65 since the federal plans are all combined with CPP.

Of course, if there are divorces in her past, the numbers may change...

And here she is explaining or waffling what they are doing (or more likely not) about a problem in Canada

Interesting, she resigned/retired just before the release of the Emergencies Act Report, to be released on a Friday afternoon with Trudeau out of the country.

He was the absolute worst we’ve had in my experience- even as a person in person.
As a civvie Commissioner, wasn't he pushing to get himself a concealed carry permit and an issue pistol?

The actual problem is larger than this- the numbers are old. The vacancy rate is up closer to the 1300 mark. It’s substantial.

Season 3 Reaction GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

I wonder how badly the whole “defund the police!!” and all that kind of stuff is affecting recruiting. If I was coming out of high school/post-secondary, would I consider a law enforcement career in todays world?

So, according to Wikipedia, the commissioner has 37 years of service, and will have five as commissioner. Therefore, assuming no periods of leave without pay within her service, she would be eligible for 70% of the average of her best five years of pay.

If we assume an average pay of $350k during her tenure as commissioner, then her annual pension would be on the order of $245k, with a reduction at age 65 since the federal plans are all combined with CPP.

Of course, if there are divorces in her past, the numbers may change...

The actual problem is larger than this- the numbers are old. The vacancy rate is up closer to the 1300 mark. It’s substantial

I wonder how badly the whole “defund the police!!” and all that kind of stuff is affecting recruiting. If I was coming out of high school/post-secondary, would I consider a law enforcement career in todays world?
from what I understand, police services across the country are not able to recruit fast enough to replace staffing losses, so I would guess - yes........

from what I understand, police services across the country are not able to recruit fast enough to replace staffing losses, so I would guess - yes........
yet our neighbour's son couldn't get taken on by any of the south-western Ontario forces because he didn't meet the ethnic requirements. After two years searching he finally gave up and pursued another career. Regardless of shortages, WASPS need not apply it would seem or at least they are at the bottom of the list.

Every Canadian LEA and the CAF are recruiting from the same pool. I teach at my agency's College. That pool is wide, but shallow.

I now get recruiting ads on my social media from US state and county agencies as well. CHP are very prominent on my feeds.

Back