• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP recruiting unit focus on CF Audience May 28, 2008

noneck

Inactive
Reaction score
I wanted to make sure this gets out to the widest audience possible. There is no better time than the present to consider a career in policing.

On Wed 28 May at 1930 hrs, the RCMP E Division Recruitng unit will conduct a career information presentation for 39 CBG soldiers in the Anderson Room at the Seaforth Armouries located at 1650 Burrard Street Vancouver BC.

It's a good opportunity for those in the CF to speak with members of the RCMP if they are considering joining the Force. Several RCMP/Serving PRes soldiers will be on hand should anyone wish to ask questions of them. No registration required, just show up! :cdn:

Cheers
Noneck

This is a great idea. For over a year, I debated over which I wanted to pursue - policing, or military.

My decision ended up being military, but I appreciate how this gives members of both sides the option of the other.

Thats the first Ive ever heard of them doing that.  Is this a truely new thing, or has the RCMP done this before somewhere else?

This wasn't an institutional decision, rather I put this together with the support of the Bn CO and E Div recruiting (I don't work in recruiting). Some of our Municipal partners have been actively recruiting locally within the CF, so I figured it was about time for soldiers to hear the Force point of view. This presentation was well received so I will definitely push some similar presentations in the new training year.

Noneck
:cdn:

Both organizations have their merits.  I did write the RCMP test long ago AND passed the physical with flying colours - however the notion of being stationed in the Yukon for 2+ years didn't appeal to me at the time (this was 12-13 years ago).  A buddy of mine went from PRes Officer straight into the RCMP and loved it!

Too bad RCMP don't have fighter jets or attack choppers - I'd be all over that too!

J

Fireball said:
Both organizations have their merits.  I did write the RCMP test long ago AND passed the physical with flying colours - however the notion of being stationed in the Yukon for 2+ years didn't appeal to me at the time (this was 12-13 years ago).  A buddy of mine went from PRes Officer straight into the RCMP and loved it!

Too bad RCMP don't have fighter jets or attack choppers - I'd be all over that too!

J

I'm sure some RCMP officers may not want to do 6 months in the sandbox either.  And again.....and again.......  At least an isolated posting is done and out of the way for RCMP.  Great to do when you are young.

I agree - a great thing.  But the CF may not benefit if those considering a jump from Res to Reg pull out in order to be a cop.  It's a real tough sell though when you consider the Forces is one of the only government job that still pays salary during your initial training.  I could be mistaken - just what I've gathered.

Bin

My aim with the CF focused recruiting was so that PRes would benefit. In that young PRes soldiers from my regiment would most likely be posted straight back to the LMD and would then be able to parade and not have to leave the PRes as a result of their Force service. Right now we are getting a lot of former CF members who are now in the Force returning to PRes service, which is a great boon to various PRes units. It's a wind win situation as a lot of skill sets dove tail.

Noneck

Hmmmm......but what support does the civilian job have for the Reserves?  The Reserves rely on people who can put in their weekends, parade night, and good part of the summer in order to have effective training time throughout the year.

Maybe you know more than I do about the subject, but I have seen people do the Reserve thing on the side only to slowly trickle off and fade away near the end when that couple of hundred bucks Res pay doesn't quite match a few hours of OT on civy street.  Sucks taking a position up within a Res Unit with someone who doesn't parade most of the time.

Just my thoughts - have only seen a small few of these types in my travels.

Bin

Bin,

I see that happening all the time, however not just with LEO's. It's a situation that occurrs when most PRes members reach Sgt or Capt. It's just a natural time to move on get married, start a family and get established in a civilian career. Those that are dedicated will take the break and then jump back in once established. For that reason I counsel everyone who is considering getting out completely to go the SRR route. That way when they find that they have the time again (or just miss being cold , wet, tired and hungry on a  February weekend Ex) they can get back in without losing quals.

Noneck

Back