• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-Applied after 7 Years.

HaZarD SFD

Inactive
Reaction score
Applied a couple times back in 2007 and 2009.  Both times were stopped due to my past and having a baby.  However after 7 years, I have had time with my kids and now that I'm 32.  I feel it's time to finally get this done.  Nothing is holding me back.

At 32 will I have an issue joining?

Since I applied a couple times already, will I be looked at for that?

I have not received an email or a phone call yet.  I will be calling In tomorrow and might stop in at the recruiting office. 

Did you turn down a job offer or release or simply close your applications?

You may be asked about it by the Interviewing Officer, but I also had applied several times and it was never brought up when I finally got in. At 32, if you're in good health and physically fit, you'll be fine. I had a 44 year old on my course and he was the most athletic of the bunch.

Never turned down an offer.  Just stopped the application.  I had a criminal past and no pardon.  I felt judged to have to go before a board to prove myself.  I have since received my pardon and can easily define why I didn't follow through on my previous attempts. 

HaZarD SFD said:
Never turned down an offer.  Just stopped the application.  I had a criminal past and no pardon.  I felt judged to have to go before a board to prove myself.  I have since received my pardon and can easily define why I didn't follow through on my previous attempts.

As long as you can articulate that during your interview, it shouldn't be a problem.

I stopped my application in 2011 and when I reapplied in 2014 it was not a problem. The process started from the beginning, but I was treated like any other applicant. Best of luck  :)

i saw a video an 41old lady doing the QMB.. O.O congrats to this woman and his courage!

Ilapplante said:
i saw a video an 41old lady doing the QMB.. O.O congrats to this woman and his courage!

Did they change part way through?

Ilapplante said:

Are you trying to be a TROLL or what?

absolutely not! In Quebec there's a TV show called ''Ténacité, devoir, vérité'' on Historia Channel.
One of those episode season 4 show 4-5different person doing their QMB. In general, this TV show give you an eye on  what it really look like.

i promise on the head of the recruiter who's suppost to call me for my offer, its true. no trolling here..
also on YouTube there's some episodes posted by the FC showing people doing their QMB and one of them have 35-36years old or something like that.

Ilapplante said:
absolutely not! In Quebec there's a TV show called ''Ténacité, devoir, vérité'' on Historia Channel.
One of those episode season 4 show 4-5different person doing their QMB. In general, this TV show give you an eye on  what it really look like.

i promise on the head of the recruiter who's suppost to call me for my offer, its true. no trolling here..
also on YouTube there's some episodes posted by the FC showing people doing their QMB and one of them have 35-36years old or something like that.

You mean BMQ? You're speaking English so it's Basic Military Qualification. Use your capital letters and preview your posts before you send them so you don't look like you're 12 years old.

Moore said:
Use your capital letters and preview your posts before you send them so you don't look like you're 12 years old.

You're applying to join an organization with a legal requirement to respect the Official Languages Act.  You will have francophone superiors, peers, and, eventually, maybe subordinates.  Tolerance for difficulties with one's second language, polite (read: not condescending) correction, and an appreciation for sincere efforts at bilingualism will go a long way to building cohesive teams comprised of persons with differing primary languages, n'est-ce pas?

Ease off the gas a little.

Ilapplante said:

If you continue to flaunt the rules we enforce reference the use of correct English in the written form (as you have been WARNED about) you will be treated as a TROLL and BANNED.

LAST CHANCE.....YOU have used up all your freebies.  Next time it is GOOD BYE.

jwtg said:
You're applying to join an organization with a legal requirement to respect the Official Languages Act.  You will have francophone superiors, peers, and, eventually, maybe subordinates.  Tolerance for difficulties with one's second language, polite (read: not condescending) correction, and an appreciation for sincere efforts at bilingualism will go a long way to building cohesive teams comprised of persons with differing primary languages, n'est-ce pas?

Ease off the gas a little.

As all the posts from the OP have been in English; I find your comments totally off base and of no relevance to someone pointing out that the OP is not attempting to follow the rules, even after being warned not to troll and to use correct form of English in the written form.

As you are not a MODERATOR, nor a MENTOR, please refrain from commenting as you have.

Mr. Wallace, if I may be so bold... It is clear that Ilapplante is a Francophone and is attempting to use English to the best of his/her ability.  IMO, his/her English is better than some of the Anglophones who post here... 

I reapplied after six years. I got pregnant and had my son in 2011 then my husband was gone to basic when my son was three months old. 32 is definitely not too old! You can do this! And from my understanding as long as the parson went through and you are honest about it, there should be no reason for it to be an issue! Good luck!

I can police my own thread people.  If I find it offensive I will report it.

After calling every week to push on my file as much as I could.  I finally had a recruiter/office person push my file into someones hands.  I dont have to complete my CFAT again as I aced it last time.  I now have my TSD test this week.  I am amped as hell right now.  I cant wait to get this process going.

Interview and Medical were today.

Reliability, Credit and Security screenings are needed.  I know I have some credit issues and it will be looked into.  However I dont worry too much about it as it was because of family decisions.

Switched trades though instead of ACISS, Infantry, and ACS.

Updated my profile to reflect that.

Please delete my thread.  I feel I will just read what goes on in here. 

Back