• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re enrollment

• Thread starter Deleted member 89807
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89807

Hey guys

I just re applied for entry into the reg force navy. I applied for:

Clearance diver
Marine technician
Boatswain

I am.wondering what my chances of getting in are, based on experience.

I started off in the reserves after aging out of the cadet program and within a year after doing basic and sq (army - combat engineer) I VR because my University program at the time demanded four years of commitment and work terms during the summer.

Two years ago I joined the reg force (army combat engineer) and got a VR when my marriage failed a few months later and I started fighting for custody of my child.

I've since gotten my life back on track and want to re enlist in the navy. 

I always have quite a few tattoos. When I joined the reg force first I had a sleeve, and a few tattoos on my legs. Along with my fingers (almost faded to invisible). I've since gotten my chest done, my hand and fingers. Nothing offensive.

With all that consodered, is my application just a joke to them?

What about the availability of the trades I applied for?

Thanks

I assume you got a 4C release? I don't think you should have a problem re-enrolling as long as you don't have any outstanding commitments, though I'm by no means an expert. I did 4 years Reg, released, changed trades and did 4 years in the reserves before I got out completely and spent 4 years as a civvie before re-enrolling last year.

The tattoo thing won't be a problem. I have two full sleeves, back, chest, legs, hands and both upper and lower knuckles tattooed and I'm back in. You'll have to go through all your ink with whoever conducts your interview piece by piece so they can verify nothing is offensive.

Can't speak for the availability of those trades at the moment since I don't have DWAN access.

TrunkMonkey315 said:
I assume you got a 4C release? I don't think you should have a problem re-enrolling as long as you don't have any outstanding commitments, though I'm by no means an expert. I did 4 years Reg, released, changed trades and did 4 years in the reserves before I got out completely and spent 4 years as a civvie before re-enrolling last year.

The tattoo thing won't be a problem. I have two full sleeves, back, chest, legs, hands and both upper and lower knuckles tattooed and I'm back in. You'll have to go through all your ink with whoever conducts your interview piece by piece so they can verify nothing is offensive.

Can't speak for the availability of those trades at the moment since I don't have DWAN access.

You re-enrolled with the hand and knuckle tattoos? My sleeve is pirate themed, so a couple skulls would be the worst part of that. Is that an issue do you think?
my knuckles say Live Free and my chest is just an eagle

Yes I did. There is nothing in the dress policy that forbids hand or knuckle tattoos. I actually had them done while I was in before without issue. You just can't get any tattoos on your head, face or ears now, neck and chest have been removed from the prohibited list.

I don't think skulls will be an issue, though it is up to the recruiting centre. I know a PPCLI guy I talked to had to have the words 'EVIL DEAD' (as in the Bruce Campbell movie) removed from his knuckles before they would let him back in.

Thanks for the replies, I go in for my medical and interview tomorrow and have been granted bmq bypass. Getting out of the military has been my biggest regret as it has always been my dream job and would enjoy nothing more than serving Canada. I had to release last time because of a divorce and custody battle that happened while on Pat platoon before ql3. Hoping for the best!

Back