• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-opening file with CFRC

Badner

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I had applied to a pres unit, and my application was approved in Sept 2014. I got the call for weekend BMQ in September, however I received the call with literally 2 days notice (They contacted me on a Weds for Friday BMQ). Talking to a friend of mine who is in recruiting they told me this is a practice called "holding spots" whereby the unit will send out calls last minute to ensure they get the course filled by candidates who "want to be there" or something along those lines. Anyways I told them that given the short notice I wouldn't be able to clear up my schedule enough to commit to the weekend BMQ course at this time, however I am passionate about joining and would be better able to accommodate it at a future date (either in the spring/summer). I talked to the CFRC the other day and they informed me that after I declined the position my file was deemed "closed". My question is, am I able to "re-open" my file in the future, and if so, will my existing tests/interview etc still be valid (assuming they haven't timed out).

Thanks

Badner said:
I had applied to a pres unit, and my application was approved in Sept 2014. I got the call for weekend BMQ in September, however I received the call with literally 2 days notice (They contacted me on a Weds for Friday BMQ). Talking to a friend of mine who is in recruiting they told me this is a practice called "holding spots" whereby the unit will send out calls last minute to ensure they get the course filled by candidates who "want to be there" or something along those lines. Anyways I told them that given the short notice I wouldn't be able to clear up my schedule enough to commit to the weekend BMQ course at this time, however I am passionate about joining and would be better able to accommodate it at a future date (either in the spring/summer). I talked to the CFRC the other day and they informed me that after I declined the position my file was deemed "closed". My question is, am I able to "re-open" my file in the future, and if so, will my existing tests/interview etc still be valid (assuming they haven't timed out).

You would only need to contact the PRes Unit which you originally applied to.  They will assist in having your application "re-opened".  Yes, all your test scores will carry forward but you may very well need to redo the interview and all the other processing as well.

DAA said:
You would only need to contact the PRes Unit which you originally applied to.  They will assist in having your application "re-opened".  Yes, all your test scores will carry forward but you may very well need to redo the interview and all the other processing as well.

Just an update for anyone searching the issue. I contacted the P Res unit, and they instructed me to contact the P Res Co-odinator at my local CFRC. They subsequently re-opened my file and the issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Back