• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

re-taking a course

B

bran

I had a question about re-coursing reserve BMQ. I left my BMQ because of conflicts with my education and other prior commitments and now I would like to know how to get on another BMQ later in the year. I understand that you must talk to your unit but I tried to do that and it wasn't any help whatsoever. I tried using the CoC and it went nowhere. So I was just wondering what my next step should be.

Thanks

p.s I searched quite a bit for the info and came up with nothing relating. 

You aren't gonna get any other answer beside "talk to your unit/CoC" here. The CoC at your unit, not random strangers on the internet, is what can get you on another BMQ. Be more specific: why was talking to your unit/CoC not useful?

My pl commander told me he wasn't the person to talk to, and that was the end of the conversation. So I was just basically lost as to what to do next. I thought going up your CoC was the way to go about things.

My advice is talk to your Pl 2IC (through your Sect Comd).  He will probably talk to the Pl Comd and remind him about looking out for the welfare of his troops or go the CSM who handles man management in the coy.  If that does not work start writing memo's addressed to the OC.

ONT said:
My pl commander told me he wasn't the person to talk to, and that was the end of the conversation. So I was just basically lost as to what to do next. I thought going up your CoC was the way to go about things.

Maybe ask him who is the person to talk to??

It is possible that ONT is stuck between not having a designated unit CoC because he was simply brought in to parade with the BMQ.  The BMQ staff ceased "ownership" of him when he ceased training on the course.

ONT, I would suggest you go back and talk to the unit Chief Clerk and/or the Unit Recruiter you first spoke with.  Ask them who you should be speaking to as your chain of command representative that can help you determine your status and your chances of getting on a new course.

D3 said:
Maybe ask him who is the person to talk to??
I know I should have asked him, I was just kind of stunned with his response. But thanks everyone for the advice, hopefully I get it figured out soon enough.

Back