• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ready for BMQ...Aug 4 2008...Willing to help answer questions

marx_604

Inactive
Reaction score
  While I was waiting out the application process I relied heavily on this site for information and insight. And for that I am grateful. I was like alot of new applicants, stressing out over many of the details. Fortunately, I am at the stage now where all the waiting is done and now I am off to St. Jean for the 2008/08/04 class. I feel that since I have taken a lot from this site, I should give back. As I go through the weeks at BMQ, I am willing to help answer general questions or clarify matters about BMQ or the recruiting process to the best of my abilities. Although alot of what goes on in the military is standardized, it is needless to say that I can only give you information from my own experiences. Definitely talk to recruiting or a career counsellor for official positions and particulars.
  If, for whatever reason, you would rather pm me, please feel free to do so; however, I can almost guarantee that the question you have is not unique and it may be helpful to others.
Obviously, my response rate will vary depending on how crazy things get at BMQ (which it surely will).
  I just also want to quickly note that I joined the Army Reg. Force. and everything went smooth during my application. So if your question pertains to particular medical, credit, legal, or security issues, I strongly suggest you talk to recruiting- they will give you the information you need not what you want to hear.

Good luck  :salute:

Hey,
I first want to thank you for helping out, I think it is a wicked idea. If all goes well I hope I too will be posting something simillar  :). My question is, how long ago did you hand in you application? I am hoping to hand mine in in two three days and wanted to know what kind of wait I have ahead of me. I realize that everyone is different medical, security check all that but just to give me a general idea. Thanks again, Have fun at BMQ!

Hey Traviss...my application took about 5 months. The time between application and job offer can vary depending on how busy the recruiting centre is, if there are any hiccups on the way (i.e. medical, legal, security issures etc.), in addition to what MOC you choose. I choose Infantry as my primary choice; my career counsellor said that an infantryman always seems to be in demand. So it took 4 months to deal with all the testing and paperwork, then I was merit listed for one month before I got my job offer. I have read on this thread that some people did the process in as fast as two months; while others had to wait a year- maybe even more. Definitely try to ensure your in good health and in good physical shape, medical issues can really set you far back.

Good Luck  :salute:

Thanks for the help! That is a little longer than I had was hoping  :crybaby: Oh well, patience is a virtue I suppose.

I will also be starting my BMQ on Augest 4th 08 and be willing to Answer any questions to the best of my ability. I had a few hiccups but the best advice i can give is if you havent heard from the Recruiting center give them a call and find out how your application is going. remember the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

:salute:SullivanKAS 

Yah and if the centre does not pick up the phone and all you get is voice mail do not be discouraged. It happen to me a lot. The Cpt. told me that sometimes they are so busy they can't even get to their messages. So you got to keep on top of it.  :salute:

Back