• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ready to eat meals: perfect for a zombie apocalypse, hurricane... or just a busy

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ready to eat meals: perfect for a zombie apocalypse, hurricane... or just a busy workday?

The day after its deal to buy Whole Foods was finalized, Amazon slashed prices at the notoriously high end grocery chain. All of a sudden, a pound of Fuji Apples that previously cost $3.49 was now $1.99. A rotisserie chicken went from $13.99 to $9.99. Avocados went from $2.79 to $1.99. Overnight, Whole Foods got more affordable … and became more competitive in the grocery market.

However, in its pursuit of world domination, Amazon is not hoping to gain customers just among those people who shop for their groceries at Whole Foods. The company is also looking to get into the kitchens of those who barely make it to the grocery store, who have Seamless on their phones and their go-to takeout places on speed dial. In addition to getting into your home fridge with fresh ingredients, Amazon is hoping to get into your pantry and even your office fridge.

How? By selling meals, ready to eat, usually known by their acronym, MRE.

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/09/08/business/ready-eat-meals-apocalypse-amazon-smart-investment

Can I get the Omelette with Salsa IMP instead? I miss that one, and it has become the number one breakfast I make at home.

MilEME09 said:
Can I get the Omelette with Salsa IMP instead? I miss that one, and it has become the number one breakfast I make at home.

Salsa? All I got was brownish ketchup to put on my lung in a bag.

Bah. Just go for Soylent instead.
Tried to live off Soylent for a bit. I didn't last three days before I'd rather lick crumbs off the floor. It's psychologically really difficult as I found I would drink the soylent and no longer feel hungry, but I also felt like I didn't eat anything. It was deeply unsatisfying and I would keep thinking about food. I could go indefinitely with a regular MRE.

Back