• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruit hopeful looking for some workout advice

Andyd513

Inactive
Reaction score
Started my recruiting process today, have my file open and my CFAT booked for next week.

I don‘t see any possible problems.. I‘m close to the required pushups, and can do the 19 situps in 60 seconds easily.

However I don‘t want to stop there, I have until late june before I will actually start my basic. I have an extremely hard time doing chinups.. and don‘t have ready access to a chinup bar. I was hoping for some exercise suggestions that could work me up to more chinups using the freeweights and bench I have at home. I also have access to a lot of machines at my college fitness room.

Your assistance is appreciated, and anyone hoping to head to basic this summer I‘ll see ya there!

-Andy

oops - also how long do you need to wait between a failed fitness test and a retake? Just incase, god forbid, I fail it the first time.

Chin-ups utilize your latissimus dorsi, biceps, and rear deltoids. You may want to work those muscle groups using barbells, such as up-right row and curl.

If you want to work on your chin ups and don‘t have access to a bar, I suggest doing a lot of bicep exercises such as preacher curls, dumbbell or barbell curls. Also if you have cable machines available do some lat pull downs, it helps a lot. Good luck man.

Thanks guys, that helps immensely. I‘ve already added 1-2 reps to my chin-ups.

Also passed my CFAT with flying colors, so unless there are complications with the medical I will have smooth sailing it seems.

At this point in time I‘m training for the CF Para course this coming summer through cadets.. and I don‘t have ready access to a chinup bar aside from the armoury. What I do is the above suggestions with weights, but I also find that a firemans pole at the local park works very well, the top part that is paralell with the ground.

Back