• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiter called

Xoshua

Inactive
Reaction score
Well hey, how is everyone tonight?  Called my recruiter to get some interesting info...  Well, as it seems I am going FULL RAG!  Recruiter and I had a very long talk over the phone about me and my highschool...  I am grade 11, basically 12, finished all compos. credits, all I need now is optional credits, which I will be getting known as "Mature credits?"  ??? Anyways...  He says it's a better idea to get highschool for promotional reasons, he says it will get competitive to get a promotion without highschool...  He says they will still take me without highschool deploma so I said YAH...  He said I might have to go back in a few years though, which a lot of people are doing lately and its a pain he says...  So my mom knows I am going full, dad doesn't....  Not telling him until I leave lol...  But yes, everyone seems to know now...  Even recruiter says its possible to go in...  SO I will...  What are your opinions, I know for a fact there will be someone/ a lot of people telling me to finish but the circumstance is go full for now, school later, if there is a later...  Please don't quote me on that :O...
Anyways have a good one, going to call for a interview soon, finished my aptitude/pt for reserves so transfering to full...  Birthday is May 9th, so I turn 17 then...  Well goodbye all!  Wish me luck! :salute:

Good stuff  I would normally say stay in school but if the they will take you Full time Reg force go for it . When your done your training you can do correspondence courses so either way you can still get your high school diploma any how good luck with everything .

I would advise finishing high school first, education opens doors. There are very few jobs now that you can get without HS. And you are so young, you have plenty of time. Just suck it up, finish the HS credits then join the CF if that's what you want. You'll be glad you did a few years down the road.

Your profile says you're 16.  You say all you need are "optional" credits (I'm not sure what those are, but I'll assume they are easy to get).

If you ARE 16, you've got LOTS of time to finish your HS prior to joining.  Just do it - it will NOT be easier later through correspondence, night school, or any other option you may be thinking about.

You've got time - use it.

Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Math, Grade 11 Social Studies, Grade 10 Science, Grade 10 Gym and a certain number of credits with a certain number of Grade 12 courses are required for graduation. Optional credits are things like languages, high end social studies, high end sciences, trades, business, fine and performing arts, drafting, etcetera. You can take quite a few spares and still graduate in great standing at most if not all high schools. Check your student guidebook/coursebook for requirements, have a chat with your Guidance Counsellor or teachers and find a plan that fits for you. Come September you can even challenge courses to get the credit without taking the class if you already know the material. Find out what you can do to get highschool out of the way.

Hey man, congrats.

Bit of warning, I did the same thing -- left high school to join the army.  After seven years' service, I had still regretted that and got out in pursuit of an education so I went to college.  Funny thing is, a college education still won't trump a high school diploma.  Hell, right now I'm attending Queen's University and I still have problems because I don't have that one little slip of paper.  Right now I'm attempting to get back into the same trade I was before, but since I don't have HS...

So, my advice to you is, the instant you finish your DP1, finish your high school.  Hell, when you're rotting in a PAT platoon waiting for the course to start, see about taking some correspondence courses.  Because the army can be a time machine.  You'll wake up one day and two years will have gone by.  And the worst part is, you'll have to do it all under your own motivation.

So, to sum up...
Smartest thing I ever did: Joined the army.
Dumbest thing I ever did: Didn't get my OSSD.

Kenny out

Back