• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiter set me for PPCLI instead of preference

mr.rhtuner

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everybody, well I got my papers into the recruiting center about a week ago and went there last friday to check on the process.  I spoke with the recruiter that I handed in my application and he told me he put my file in for the PPCLI preference.  Now when I filled out my paper work, for my unit preference I put as 1/3 RCR as they are located in Petawawa.  Closer to home and closer to a few things I want to do later in life.

Is this common to happen?
Just wondering, when would I find out what unit I would be assigned to? after BMQ?

I've searched for the answers to my questions but didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks

Haven't heard of anyone being switched like that; but if you want RCR just tell the recruiter you won't sign untill theres a slot open for RCR.  You should find out what Regiment you are going to when you sign your contract. 

During or at the end of your DP1/BIQ is when you would find out which battalion you goto. Battalion is the only thing you really have no say over, it's up to the needs of the Regiment.

You were selected for PPCLI because we didn't have any RCR positions. If you will only take RCR then tell the CFRC that and they will ask for a RCR position. However, it does NOT guarantee you will get it. They are going fast.

CFR FCS

-Skeletor- said:
Haven't heard of anyone being switched like that; but if you want RCR just tell the recruiter you won't sign untill theres a slot open for RCR.  You should find out what Regiment you are going to when you sign your contract.   

During or at the end of your DP1/BIQ is when you would find out which battalion you goto. Battalion is the only thing you really have no say over, it's up to the needs of the Regiment.

CFR FCS said:
You were selected for PPCLI because we didn't have any RCR positions. If you will only take RCR then tell the CFRC that and they will ask for a RCR position. However, it does NOT guarantee you will get it. They are going fast.

CFR FCS

Well a major problem was this recruiter spoke pretty bad broken english so it made the conversation even worse.

I will go back and have them put it as RCR or wait for a slot to open up.
I don't mind relocating to Alberta but it just makes it a further hassle for what I  have planned within the CF.

Thank you guys for helping me out

mr.rhtuner said:
for what I  have planned within the CF.

Yeah well dont be too surprised when the CF plans you somewhere else.

CDN Aviator said:
Yeah well dont be too surprised when the CF plans you somewhere else.

Like I said, If I can't get what I want then it's fine as I will work around what the CF throws at me. :)

Be very specific before you sign on the dotted line-I ended up as a MARS officer for four plus lousy years, as I was told to change it once I was in. I would think there will be positions with the RCR at some point in the future so if that is what you really want.....you could also end up in Gagetown (ugh), mind you with the Patricias Shilo is also a possibility(double ugh).

I'm glad I posted this.

I called the recruiting office just now and after a very nice recruiter pulled up my file, he said my preference is PPCLI.  I told him it was changed and I didn't want that specifically so he put it to RCR and said there should be openings in April or so.

Thanks to everybody that helped, I'm glad at least I can keep my preference and wait for the opening.

Thanks everybody  :)

Well had my interview/medical a 2-3 weeks ago, that went fine.  Waited for my background check to finish and it was done and all is good.

Starting BMQ April 13th

I'm dam nervious  :-X

I'm just going to say before i start that i am not very educated on the way the infantry works. I was just wondering why the RCR seems to be more wanted than any of the other regiments, and also if there are any huge differences that come with being in different regiments?

white-1 said:
I'm just going to say before i start that i am not very educated on the way the infantry works. I was just wondering why the RCR seems to be more wanted than any of the other regiments, and also if there are any huge differences that come with being in different regiments?

Well I mainly want to be in Petawawa as there are a few things I'd like to apply for after a bit of time in the miltiary and it's a bit easier to watch over the postings from Pet. then anywhere else in Canada.

armydude said:
good luck on your bmq! youll do fine!

Thank you, I'll still take the luck though! ;D

The RCR guys are the ones who like to do up their bottom button and only like to wear issued gear

mr.rhtuner said:
Well had my interview/medical a 2-3 weeks ago, that went fine.  Waited for my background check to finish and it was done and all is good.

Starting BMQ April 13th

I'm dam nervious  :-X

You'll do fine....just listen to what your NCOs tell you. The adventure of a lifetime awaits and in some respects I am envious-wish I was 20 something again and not pushing 50!

pushing 50?... try pushing 55. 
My knees hurt!

Lucky Lucky. When I started my recruitment I was told I don't get to choose. I'm hoping for PPCLI. I need to get out of Ontario! :)

chosun86 said:
Lucky Lucky. When I started my recruitment I was told I don't get to choose. I'm hoping for PPCLI. I need to get out of Ontario! :)

Im from Quebec and went PPCLI, it was a good time. PPCLI is usually always hurting for more pers, so you just might get your preference. You get to write a posting preference during DP1/BIQ, so even if you get sent to Meaford there is still a slight chance you can get to PPCLI. I know that here, every course I see graduate has at least 1 ninja star by grad week  ;D

a78jumper said:
Be very specific before you sign on the dotted line-I ended up as a MARS officer for four plus lousy years, as I was told to change it once I was in. I would think there will be positions with the RCR at some point in the future so if that is what you really want.....you could also end up in Gagetown (ugh), mind you with the Patricias Shilo is also a possibility(double ugh).

Haha, my pre-signing jitters and second-guessing have me thinking I want MARS instead of the trade on offer!!!

If you don't mind, what about it didn't you like? / Why?

Back