• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting - 31 CER

Scottie

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!
Anyone know if 31 CER (Waterloo) is Recruiting at the moment?  I'd just go into the Kitchener office, but stuck on overnight shifts this week....sleep during the day.

Scottie

they're probably always looking for people.  My suggestion to you is to take their phone number into work with you and call their recruiting cell. 

31 CER is always reruiting.  We (RHFC) run BMQ courses with 31 CER and 11th Field (Arty) every year and we always have a giant course.  31 CER is deploying a lot of troops to the A-stan this year, so they'll want to replenish their numbers.

Contact the recruiting centre soon, you still might be able to get onto the BMQ weekend course starting in Jan.

When did the area units start to get together to run the BMQ?  I was with 11th Field (briefly) in 1996-1997, but had to leave due to Battle School insisting I had to take part in a live fire over the final weekend of college exams...so I had no choice but to leave.  So much for honouring one's schooling....but it goes both ways and I lost.  Regret it a lot!
That being said, since I've already gone through the process once, would I have to do it all over again or would the Recruiting office still have my info on file somewhere??  I would have to finish the BMQ.  I was doing quite well before I left.  Working F/T for municipal gov't (they honour military service and bend over backwards to accomodate).  So I''m all set to resume...where do I go?  Engineer in Waterloo, Armour in London or Toronto.... Res MP would fall in line with my civilian job, but where are these Regiments?  The Recrutiing office will help a lot in that decision!  Just have to get in there!  Thanks for the help.

Scottie

since I've already gone through the process once, would I have to do it all over again

Yes for CFAT, Medical, Interview and background check.  Everything has been shredded and the current electronic system wasn't in place then.

Contact your local reserve unit to get started.

Scottie said:
When did the area units start to get together to run the BMQ?

Pretty much when BMQ took the place of QL2.  We've run BMQs with 11th field since then and 31 CER joined in shortly after they opened the Det in Waterloo.
There's also Pre-SQ (don't ask) and SQ courses run in Hamilton including the Argylls, RHLI, RHFC, Lincs & Winks, 11th field, 31CER (waterloo) and just about anyone else in 31 Brigade who shows up.
then its off to Meaford for DP1 (formaly BIQ) or off to Gagetown for the Engineer courses.

Ah, that's right - it was called QL2. 
Recruiter emailed advising that since I wrote the test before 1999, I'll have to re-write.  I see that test has changed.  GREAT!  I hated the old one.  So many useless questions. 
Biggest problem now is finding my birth certificate....

Back