• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Archives - Help Wanted

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
WANTED:

We are starting a FAQ Forum, found at "Recruiting Archives" in order to alleviate some of the mutliple posts on certain subjects. We would like knowledgable posts, in the FAQ Forum for Basic Training, Infantry, Armoured, Artillery, Engineers, other trades, becoming an Officer, Para Courses, etc. Steps that are needed to attain each subject crse or trade, what to expect, what is needed. Just the facts please, no personal biases. These are an Information Base. We don‘t want to turn these into discussion threads. Just somewhere to point people who need the info. If someone could post say "Regular Infantry" or "Reserve Artillery", etc then start the thread, with others filling in the info they have. Mike and I will monitor and please don‘t be offended if the grammar, spelling, erroneous info, personal bias, etc is cleaned up, it‘s not personal. Hopefully, when Johnny signs on wanting to join JTF or Pathfinder, we can point him here. Thanks.

Mike and recceguy

As for recruiting and course‘s just list D.N.D requierment‘s under thier heading‘s for Reg.‘s and Res.

keep‘s it all simple as it‘s Official Policy.

Plain and simple.

That‘ll be useful, but we also want to answer the other questions that prospective recruits will have. They have a tendency to ask questions that aren‘t covered by policy. :)

So ultimately our goal is to have a resource that gives new recruits information they can‘t get from a recruiter. The danger is that we‘ll be relying on opinion, at least to a certain extent, but at least we‘ll be giving a consistent and generally agreed upon answer.

Cheers

Mike

This is a great idea. Wish I had known about this forum when I was joining. Recruiting centre convinced me to go Officer as I had the eductional background to do so. In hindsight I am not sure that I would have made the same choice after being in for almost 3 yrs now (PRes).

Sorry to hijack the thread.. but Rob, why would
perhaps not make the same choice again if
given the opportunity?

I ask because I too am going in as an officer.

I say perhaps because I see now what "the troops" get to do in the field compared with what I have done in my short time in. Note I am in a SVC BN, the troops are out on DP‘s and doing vehicle recovery, while I sit in the CP and try to get my head around everything that is going on.

Don‘t get me wrong there are definetly perks to being an officer but there are some draw backs as well. The first word in officer is office and this where junior officers spend a good protion of their time. Take my opinions here with a grain of salt as I have only been in the PRes for a short time ( 3 years) so my experience is limited. I have given a great deal of thought to going Reg force, but that is a whole other ball of wax.

I have enjoyed the Army PRes experience in the short time I have been a part of it. Keep the questions coming.

what about having an FAQ for families of prospective recruits? cuz i know myself and ‘mom‘ have asked a few questions about BRT, and me with FCS techs... (btw, ‘mom‘ is my bfs mom ...lol)

Back