• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Centre Help... LWOP

chriscalow

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everybody.  I'm hoping for some informed advise here please.  Preferably from someone who knows the inner workings about the swearing in process and LWOP.

I'm not sure if this should be in this forum or the Cadet/CIC forum and if I put it in the wrong place would the mods please move it.

Here is my situation..  I was selected for Regular Force, NCM a couple of weeks ago.  I am to be sworn in on the 10th of August and I am to leave for BMQ on the 22nd of August.  I have also been offered a position at a Cadet Training Centre as a Civilian Instructor, dates: 02 Jul-21 August.  Is that something that is possible to do?  I realise I will have to take leave days from the camp to get sworn in and that is not a problem.

I am hoping that I can take the job at the camp because of a few reasons, first of all, It is a worthwhile job, second, I will  have access to a gym, and third, because I will be able to make a lot more money there than I can at my present job.

Is it possible to do this?  Thanks for your help.

Well, i may be able to provide some insight from the CSTC stand point.  When you sign on as a CI for the summer, you sign a contract to be a CI from this date to this date.  Now somone correct me if i am wrong, but when you are sworn in and sign the dotted line, you are effectively a member of the CF? that is what i recall from my swearing in date.

I don't know how that would work with your contract to your CSTC, unless you could work somthing out with them.

hope that helps

PV

Back