• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting issue?

Jamie2319

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, just a quick question, I sent in my application online in November 25th and got a email verifacation saying it has been received on the 30th, however I haven't heard anything since stating that it has been sent to my nearest recruiting centre. I tried calling the Barrie centre(closest centre) many times but never received an answer and never got a call back after leaving a message, I also tried with toronto and had the same results. I emailed the recruiting centre around December 12th and no one answered that either. I'm just wondering if theres an update or maybe they're not accepting applications at the moment?
It just seems weird that it's so hard to get ahold of them to see what's going on.

Jamie2319 said:
Hello, just a quick question, I sent in my application online in November 25th and got a email verifacation saying it has been received on the 30th, however I haven't heard anything since stating that it has been sent to my nearest recruiting centre. I tried calling the Barrie centre(closest centre) many times but never received an answer and never got a call back after leaving a message, I also tried with toronto and had the same results. I emailed the recruiting centre around December 12th and no one answered that either. I'm just wondering if theres an update or maybe they're not accepting applications at the moment?
It just seems weird that it's so hard to get ahold of them to see what's going on.

Recruiting centers are almost all closed until around the second week of January for their holidays.

Some people wait many months before hearing anything; some people wait days.  It depends on what you're applying for and if they are hiring. As far as contacting recruiters for updates, it's never easy getting a hold of somebody, no matter the day or time.

And yes the offices will be closed until the 12th if I remember correctly, so just relax until then :)

EDIT TO ADD: my recruiter also told me that the systems are being upgraded/changed and that it will be a while until the files are all transferred over successfully. Not sure if this affects all centres, or new applicants at all, just figured I would throw it out there.

Don't expect to be contacted right away, when I applied I heard nothing for about a month or two, if you think this is a long wait, be ready to be disappointed with the next couples months. The Canadian Forces is a privilege to be in, it is also getting more difficult as the time goes.

Let's just say this, don't put all your eggs in one basket. I don't remeber the exact stat but at my swear in ceremony the captain said there were about 100,000+ applicants and only 3000ish people swore in.

AlphaBravo said:
Don't expect to be contacted right away, when I applied I heard nothing for about a month or two, if you think this is a long wait, be ready to be disappointed with the next couples months. The Canadian Forces is a privilege to be in, it is also getting more difficult as the time goes.

Let's just say this, don't put all your eggs in one basket. I don't remeber the exact stat but at my swear in ceremony the captain said there were about 100,000+ applicants and only 3000ish people swore in.

Wow, that's insane. Now I feel really good that I got my offer.

Jamie2319 said:

If you did not receive a second follow-up email after applying which instructed you to contact your local CFRC, then chances are your application did NOT go through the system properly.  You can do one of two things:

a.  contact your local CFRC and inform them that you have applied online and not received any further contact since doing so;  or

b.  send a follow-up email (which includes your FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH) to the link shown under "I have already applied to the Forces and want to know the status of my application"  ---->  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

Good luck!

Back