• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting times?

What was the waiting time from the day you handed in your application to the day you got off the bus

• less than one (1) week

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • one (1) to three (3) weeks

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • three (3) to five (5) weeks

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • five (5) to seven (7) weeks

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • seven (7) to nine (9) weeks

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • nine (9) to eleven (11) weeks

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • eleven (11) or more

Votes: 26 57.8%

• Total voters

traviss-g

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok so i have yet to hand in my application (still getting refrences). I was just wondering how long you guys ended up waiting. I am completely clueless as to the waiting times and i am afrai that everyone is going to pick 11 or more weeks but we'll see  :p. Thanks for the input!
-travis

TOO LONG AGO!

hehehe!

I think it was 5 or 7 weeks?
And at that time we went straight to OTD, no Cornwallis at that time.

Cheers,

Jim

1 week.

But heck, that was back 20 years ago --- well before we were "electronic" and "efficient".  ;)

the first time i joined in the mid 90's it took 2 to 3 weeks.
This time how ever they have to reverse my old medical category so now I'm on my 8Th month and still waiting.
but if it is your first time shouldn't be that long.

CFAT/Medical/Interview Jan 1989.  Received Conditional Officer of Enrolment (Infantry) in May 1989 (quit my job that day).  Sworn in 25 Jul 1989 (19 years tomorrow...where did the time go?), arrived CFRS Cornwallis 29 Jul 89.  Pissed off the staff (called a MCpl "Mister" :p) approx 12 minutes after getting off the bus at the Main Gate) 29 Jul 1989.

That trend (pissing off my NCOs) continues to date.  8)

Handed in the appplication the end of January. Was still in high school, graduated June and got the call mid-August. Off I went in early October. Most people I did my basic training with were there less than 3 months after handing in their application, even under 2 months was pretty normal. A few were under 1 month, but not many.

But like many things in life, I am sure this has all changed since I enlisted.

Eye In The Sky said:
Sworn in 25 Jul 1989 (19 years tomorrow
Wow, 19 years, congratulations  :salute:. I hope i can say the same one day. Just wanted to thank everyone for their input I am finding it all very useful. If only it only took 2-3 weeks now  :crybaby:.

I appreciate the  :salute: but...

It should go to our ladies and gents that are deployed around the world tonight, to those that have put their meat on the line in previous deployments, tours, etc not to some ATIS Tech who is home watching TV, regardless of my years in.  This also stands true for our vets no longer in uniform, from many decades of conflict that Canada has been part of.  God bless!

To our soldiers, sailors, airmen/women and Officers who aren't at home in Canada tonight....

:salute:

While I won't disagree with you on who does deserve a salute I will have to, respectfully, disagree with you on who does not. I think that we all do our part, well I haven't not yet, but I think you play your part in the big scheme of things wether you are at home doing your job or you are in afghanistan doing it.

13 months.

I'd given up and was in my first semester at college when the CF called.

14 months and counting. Well now that the recruitment process has started up again for me my medical is on the 22nd and hopefully my interview will be soon after. I'll be merit listed in a month or two unless some unforseen complications arise, then hopefully a speedy job offer (and the chances are good for that considering the infantry has plenty of spots). I wish I was as lucky as some of the people here.

first time in 1992, it took 3 months or so,

second time in 1998, it took 14 months

and compronent transfert in 2006 took 479 days.

:)

Application times are different depending on the variables comprising such application.  I applied in the last quarter of 2001 but i had a lot of x factors needed to be considered.  The most important was my Citizenship.  (2001 - 2008) But dating from which I had everything in place it took less than 5 months.  ;D

Back