• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruitment from British Army?

K

Kyle_87B

Hi I was hoping I could get some information regarding your recruitment process for non Canadian residents.  As stated in the subject Im a current serving member of the British Army,  employed as a Class 1 Vehicle Mechanic.  Is there any specific process for a "transfer" as such or how would I go about getting the ball rolling?  Is my current trade in high demand?  And is there any other information you could provide that would prove helpful?  Apologies as Im sure this may have been asked before but Im looking for the most up to date information as theres too many rumours and BS out there.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).

Eligibility requirements vary for each occupation. There are, however, basic eligibility requirements common to all occupations within the CAF:

1) Be a Canadian citizen;

2) Meet the minimum age requirement.  The minimum age to be eligible for enrolment varies.

To be eligible for enrolment in the Regular Force an applicant is required to have reached:

 age 16, if the applicant is selected for education and training at a Royal Military College, civilian university or college; or

 age 17, in any other case.

In the Reserve Force, an applicant must be:

 age 16, if the applicant is selected for education and training at a Royal Military College or otherwise maintains full-time student status until age 17;

 age 18, if the applicant enrols in the Cadet Organizations Administration and Training Service (COATS) or the Canadian Rangers; or

 age 17, in any other case.

The consent of a custodial parent or legal guardian is required for the enrolment
of an applicant who is under the age of 18 on the day of enrolment.

3) Meet the minimum education requirements for your entry plan and/or occupation.  Although most occupations have specific education requirements, attached are the minimum high school requirements/courses required for CF eligibility.  A high school education is, of course, a benefit to you and to the CF so we encourage applicants to complete high school.  It is not, however, a must have.

If you would like more information about becoming a Canadian citizen please go to the Citizenship & Immigration Canada website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca

Back