• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

REGULAR OFFICER TRAINING PLAN ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN RAISED.

koss78a said:
I have a question for you regardingin to getting into certain trades and proper marks.

For example, if i were to get the proper marks in the recruitment to become a NAval communicator.
AFter passing basic training etc.
then its onto the actual training for that specific position.
What would happen to someone who fails some of the exams and courses that are   required for that position?
Do they get kicked out of the military? or do they get demoted to something else like infantry etc?

thank you-

Ahhh, another hijacked thread.  An applicant needs Gr 10 to apply for Naval Communicator so if an applicant has Gr 10 or higher and faisl the tests that are part of the Naval Communicator course perhaps they should look for some other work outside the CF.  I guarantee you that there is no CF trade that only requires Gr 10 that someone couldn't pass unless that someone is a total write-off and we have pre-processing screening to weed those out.

Che said:
I just got back from Britain and after chatting with a good number of both recruiters and men in units the number of university graduates at Sandhurst is roughly 80% of the students there.
Now if you're talking about Commissioned British Army officers then yes they will all be Sandhurst graduates as at this time there is no other option for becoming a Commissioned British Officer.
That being said Sandhurst does not confer degrees so not all officers in the British army will be "graduates" in the traditional sense of the word but they will all be graduates of Sandhurst.

I think hearing this that the Sandhurst model should be immediately applied to RMC and the CF. That would make RMC cheaper and more effective as students will go through there to become officers and not to get a free education.

Back