• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the CFRC of Rimouski they said that they'll have the offers tomorrow or next week! I can't wait anymore !!!

Question
I'm a CT ROTP applicant.
According to the CFRC clerk, Selection results for CTs are directly sent to member's current home unit.
And I have to ask my chain of command if i got accepted  or not

- Is that true?

oscarmu272508823 said:
Question
I'm a CT ROTP applicant.
According to the CFRC clerk, Selection results for CTs are directly sent to member's current home unit.
And I have to ask my chain of command if i got accepted  or not

- Is that true?

So you get your question answered directly from a member of the CF recruiting staff yet come to an unofficial information source to confirm the answer....you have it backwards.

Willy450 said:
At the CFRC of Rimouski they said that they'll have the offers tomorrow or next week! I can't wait anymore !!!

Thanks for posting the updates guys. I was getting worried!  I'll call CFRC Montreal tomorrow morning to see if they're still waiting on the offers as well.

Cheers to all!
Noctis
:cdn:

Everyone should just sit tight and wait for the calls. Harassing the CFRCs will not make them receive the lists or make the calls any faster. It's obvious that it is just about time for offers to roll out so just wait.

Conz said:
It's obvious that it is just about time for offers to roll out so just wait.

I think selections were about 3 weeks ago (21 Mar) if I recall the post.  Shoot, even I can't believe it is taking this long.

Hello Folks,

ROTP Selections are like an old style glass bottle of Heinz Ketchup.  The more likely you want the ketchup out of the bottle the less likely it is to flow.  The good thing is that once it starts flowing it works pretty good.  "Anticipation, anticipation Is making me late Is keeping me waiting"  - Carly Simon.  Good Luck to all!!

Just relax guys!

We're eagerly awaiting you here at the College as well  :nod:

Good luck!

FirstYear said:

Out of curiousity, how many Cadets arrive at the College without having done the BMOQ?

FirstYear said:
Just relax guys!

Good luck!

Great, more candidates for you to have their heads bitten off  ;)

DAA said:
Out of curiousity, how many Cadets arrive at the College without having done the BMOQ?

I don't know the exact number, but I know that very few have completed it. Basically, the only people that would have done BMOQ are those who have been in the reserves as Officer Cadets then put in for a CT.

DAA said:
99.9%

BMOQ is done (barring injury, etc.) in the summer immediately following the first academic year.

With Otter Sqn fizzling out, the only people getting BMOQ bypasses will be CT's with enough time in to bypass all of BMOQ.  Most CT's bypass a few weeks of BMOQ; IIRC, they end up doing an 8 week version.

SeR said:
I don't know the exact number, but I know that very few have completed it. Basically, the only people that would have done BMOQ are those who have been in the reserves as Officer Cadets then put in for a CT.
Not quite.  The only ones I know either have former Reg F or Res time as NCMs with their PLQ/equivalent course done.  I don't know of any who were in the reserves as OCdts.

Cui said:
Great, more candidates for you to have their heads bitten off  ;)
First years don't bite people's heads off.  They've still got a whole summer of BMOQ, and getting their own heads bitten off, to look forward to.

I am now in Grade 11 mymarks arent the best they are at a 78% avg i have over a 150 hours under my belt andi will be getting my liscence for gliderr this summer through cadets . I just want to know how to apply what are the expectations if i want to be a pilot through rmc. I want to know if its even worth trying. i think i screwed up my gr 11 year and i know that it is my crucial year, but if i hve the chance ill jump on it.

jwtg said:
Not quite.  The only ones I know either have former Reg F or Res time as NCMs with their PLQ/equivalent course done.  I don't know of any who were in the reserves as OCdts.

It's still very possible, even if there aren't many (or any) enrolled in ROTP.

If you want something enough, it's worth more than merely "trying". Effort and persistence will often pay off more than innate talent and intelligence. Laziness will completely negate them.

Firstly, put some serious effort into your education.

In particular, learn to write English. That includes spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure. If you cannot communicate clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing, you are not going to do well as an Officer.

Generally speaking, to attend RMC you have to submit an application to become a member of the CF under the ROTP program.  There are other methods of attending RMC (ie; RETP - Reserve Entry Training Program or as a Civilian Applicant) but these are limited and not the most sought after route.

Once you submit your application to the CF (ie; online), you will be provided with additional instructions on what you need to do next inorder to apply to RMC.

The absolute BEST time to apply for ROTP, in my opinion, would be in the Oct-Nov time frame of your Gr 12 year.  This allows for plenty of time for you to complete the processing requirements.  Don't leave it until the last minute or you could be left behind.

Nope.  Someone's decided to give us the cold shoulder.

Edit: Seems some offers went out in Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back