• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a Reservist, perchance?

If so, you should look at the University Program for Primary Reserve Members (UPPRM).

On Friday I finally got Merit Listed thank the Heaven Lord's,

I know it is late, but my Recruiting Seargeant said he'd do everything he can do get my file in for the next admission board, crossing fingers I can get in for this year, but whatever happens happens, I wish you all the best of Luck!

Mitch :salute:

MKos said:
On Friday I finally got Merit Listed thank the Heaven Lord's,

I know it is late, but my Recruiting Seargeant said he'd do everything he can do get my file in for the next admission board, crossing fingers I can get in for this year, but whatever happens happens, I wish you all the best of Luck!

Mitch :salute:

Congrats and best of luck!

Good to hear!

I was talking to a buddy of mine who's also applied, and he is in contact with the RMC soccer coach, who told him the draft dat would be April 5th and we should be getting calls by April 10th. Just a few more weeks...

littlewhitebuddha said:
Good to hear!

I was talking to a buddy of mine who's also applied, and he is in contact with the RMC soccer coach, who told him the draft dat would be April 5th and we should be getting calls by April 10th. Just a few more weeks...

True dat  ;D

But seriously, the word "that" is not that hard to spell, one more keystroke will not kill you...

I've actually been in contact with the soccer coach too he told me the same thing lol
And Cui I think he meant to type date*

oops, that's a bit embarrassing  :blotto:

Sorry littlewhitebuddha, and Thanks Chalupas  :)

With everything going on in school and stuff, I'm ready for some good news...

Lol no problem :)
And I know what you mean all of my friends seem to be getting acceptances to their dream schools and I'm like come on RMC lol :p

Anyone else thinking R.M.C. is too laid back with their application process? For civilian post secondary institutions, the application deadline was in January followed by some applicants receiving offers in matters of weeks. I had my first offer on January 25th.

I do understand that the application process for R.M.C. is longer, but the individuals that are to be accepted must be responsible with their time management.

Phoebe said:
Anyone else thinking R.M.C. is too laid back with their application process? For civilian post secondary institutions, the application deadline was in January followed by some applicants receiving offers in matters of weeks. I had my first offer on January 25th.

I do understand that the application process for R.M.C. is longer, but the individuals that are to be accepted must be responsible with their time management.

I bet this has a lot to do with the fact that the Federal Government fiscal year end is on March 31st. They most likely have to wait for the budget before seeing how many applicants they can afford to accept! And they probably wait for those numbers before meeting and making selections.

Phoebe said:

Well, in my opinion, if I were to give a person a scholarship that was even remotely close to what ROTP has to offer, I would do everything I can to ensure to myself, and my colleagues, that this person has not only proven that they deserve it, but that they can follow through with it.

Also, the application process for the ROTP and the application process for Civilian Universities are completely different in numerous aspects, so, to me, a comparison between the two is pointless. Moreover, it is their application process, so I would imagine that they would take as much time as they want to, ultimately putting me in a position where I shouldn't complain.

Just my two cents.

I was just about to post the same scriptox.

Right on!

To be straight up honest, I feel as though the system is just fine. The wait makes it even more worth it for those that get in. It also teaches us patience, a value that I feel there is a shortness of in society today. Some have been waiting since September for the offers. Others such as myself have been waiting patiently since the beginning of Grade 9 to even dream of this day.

Just my opinion though :)

Good luck to all!

Well done Cui!

And I'd expect that they're actually using all of this time to make the best evaluation possible. They have to go through every single one of the merit listed applicants, and then pit us against each other to determine who is most suitable. I've heard how neatly you filled out your application is part of the evaluation, so imagine doing handwriting analysis on thousands of applications! haha. But yeah, I'm just trying to focus on other stuff for the next few weeks. Start getting fit for BMOQ! And remember, pain is your friend.

That's why I typed it and attached a document with a paperclip :)

I think I spent a good 6 hours on the written application not including process work and plans for the essay.

Niiiice! Yeah that app was a beast.

So has anyone else been thinking about PT to get ready for basic? I'm gonna start rucking and get really good at pushups and pullups.

I've dipped off a bit in my PT for  the past few months (since exams in January).

However, I am planning on spending the entire summer in the Adirondacks and Algonquin Park which I have done the past few summers and I usually end up burning off 10 pounds and adding on some decent muscle.

I can already do all the minimum requirements such as 28 pushups and so on.

I'm happy to have a ridiculous endurance although I'm not in amazing shape. I've done the 13km march type thing before for fun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back