• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it took as least 6 or 7 weeks. It depends on your recruiting centre and how busy they are.

pudd13 said:
For me, it took as least 6 or 7 weeks. It depends on your recruiting centre and how busy they are.

Thanks.

Its been 5 weeks for me now but I'm not really surprised it took this long even though they said 2-3 weeks.

2-3 weeks is actually the time your papers spend on the desk before they are moved to the proper file cabinet. Only then they can start their long journey through the administrative system.

I'm actually applying for ROTP this year but I've been merit listed monday... is it too late to be in the first round pick for Kingston?

I would assume so because the first selection board cut off was march 16 but I could be wrong your best bet is ask your recruiter

It wasn't de medical deadline? that's what the recruiter said but as I was reading on this site I found that some persons were talking about the deadlines...

I really can't give you a 100% accurate answer you should just call your recruiting centre

The medical is the last step in the process. Once they have that in they can merit list you. I was told by a recruiter that if they show it to their medical staff and they see no problems they can put you on it at 4pm March 16th and you'll be fine (however your medical still needs to be sent to another office for official review). May be unique to CFRC Montreal though.

Now, this doesn't happen in September since everything is a little bit more laid back then. In March they rush everything in order to get as many applicants in as possible.

As far as I see, you'll have to wait for the second round. Only way to know for sure is to ask a recruiter. I hope you get through though! What trades did you apply for?

The recruiter said that the deadline to open my file was january 16th... They opened it before... I passed all tests and interviews...
Then he said that my medical test deadline would be for 16th march... I gave it before too... and I've been merit listed march 30th...
He said that I will have some news probably next week but he was really confused about my merit listed... I hope that I will not be on the second round!
I'm applying for Construction Engineering Officer and I know that it's in demand

The Travel Is There said:
Thanks.

Its been 5 weeks for me now but I'm not really surprised it took this long even though they said 2-3 weeks.

I think I'm the exception, but it literally took only 6 business days to get my reimbursement.

Jakinder said:
The medical is the last step in the process. Once they have that in they can merit list you. I was told by a recruiter that if they show it to their medical staff and they see no problems they can put you on it at 4pm March 16th and you'll be fine (however your medical still needs to be sent to another office for official review). May be unique to CFRC Montreal though.

Now, this doesn't happen in September since everything is a little bit more laid back then. In March they rush everything in order to get as many applicants in as possible.

As far as I see, you'll have to wait for the second round. Only way to know for sure is to ask a recruiter. I hope you get through though! What trades did you apply for?

The medical section at the CFRC does the initial medical screening and can deem you what internally is referred to as Med 2 fit (or not fit).  ALL applicant files are then sent CFRG HQ where the RMO will review your file and either deem you are fit (what is referred to as Med 3 fit) or unfit.  As you can appriciate, since only one office (and I don't know how many MO's work in that office) handling the THOUSANDS medical files annually things can get a little backed up. 

As the forces center is pretty little here, they put applicants on the merit listed before the medical goes to Ottawa. In my case, they did the same thing : I've been merit listed probably before march 16th and all have been approved 30th March. Is it more important the merit listed or the approval?
I don't want to be in the second pick...

migperreault said:
As the forces center is pretty little here, they put applicants on the merit listed before the medical goes to Ottawa. In my case, they did the same thing : I've been merit listed probably before march 16th and all have been approved 30th March. Is it more important the merit listed or the approval?

Chances are you missed the 1st round of selections because you were not merit listed by March 16th. But like everyone else said, call your CFRC to find out for sure. If you don't know the date that you were put on the merit list, then there is no point in asking anything else until you find that out. So, again, call your CFRC!

Holy.. I am so eager to get "the email" or "the phone call". After this whole process, it'd be a pain to get denied. But times are tough, so I must prepare for anything. Fence sitting aside, holy.. Just imagine what acceptance means guys. This month, the next eight to ten years of your lives, possibly even more, could be determined. Good luck to all of you. We've all grown from the process.  :salute:

migperreault said:

We don't always get what we want.  If you're in the second selection and get chosen, isn't that good enough?

From having one son currently at RMC and the other currently merit listed I offer the following comments.

Son applying this year was told that he would be merit listed on the 15th of March and that he would be therefore in the first selection as the cut of was March 16th.  I assume that they need some time to review the files, get any small items such as credit check and references done and forward.  He is merit listed for all trades that he applied for, with each one being really its own segmented competition.  If you come up for your third choice first and are deemed acceptable, an offer may be made.  They will not it certainly appears review if you would later also come up for one of the others.  I am not sure what turning it down on the hope of getting one of the others is.  I can't see it being viewed very positively as you indicated you wanted a military career and listed and now don't want.

He was told that the selection process would start fairly soon following, perhaps the next week or the week of the 25th.  Those files selected initially go to RMC for their review and acceptance and/or recommendation for civi university.  I am sure that they have their own basis of selection for Kingston/St Jean but certainly leadership and military potential is high if not the highest. Advised " not to anticipate anyone being advised until around April 15th or later".  "Offers will be made over quite a while and into the summer".  (His brother did not receive until late July or early August)    A decision will be made as to the location being offered, or where they want you.  If you indicated civi  U there still is a very good chance the offer will be RMC and if RMC that Civi U.  About 50% of the first year RMC students (and all the CEGEP for Quebec) go to St Jean.

While they will look at you application in regards to why you do or do not want to go to RMC, they will put you where they want you to be.  I am continually surprised by individuals applying that do not want to go to RMC, with the reason being that 1.  They want to go to a "normal university without the uniforms and military stuff"  and 2. That they "don't want the hard core military while at university".    3.  They don't want to relocate and want to stay at home or with their friends.  If all of this really bothers you and it is that important, take a good hard look at if you really want this.    You are going to be hard-core military, move around at various placements a lot, and have summer military training each year at school.  It you don't like it and enjoy it and your trade give it a lot of thought.

Older son was at St Jean for the first year and would not have changed a thing.  He has strongly indicated that he is glad that he was selected for RMC and not a civi university.

A final comment.  How many students at your high school received a FULL scholarship for four years of university??  This includes all fees, residence, books etc.  And.... received a salary while doing so and summer employment.  And... have a job at the end of it and further training???  If there is more than perhaps one or two I'd be very surprise... and most likely none other than perhaps you.  That they want what they deem "the best" should not  be a surprise.  While someone that is not excluded for any reason ( minimum marks,  medical,  CFAT, interview etc) will it appears be merit listed, they are not strong candidates and in this competition will most likely not be selected.  As I indicated in my earlier post..... if looking at 2013 or later work hard to get yourself as high on the merit list as you possibly can.

Those hat have applied sit back and relax. You will not hear anything for a couple of weeks at least and it is out of your hands now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back