• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chalupas said:
I'm pretty sure it's mid-August , the two weeks before september starts which is the beginning of FYOP

Thanks, I've just been told different things, I guess one step at a time!

Don't worry too much about it, the news will come as they come.

If you are still in high school, just focus on school for now. If you are in university, just focus on studying for your finals, no need to be further distracted.

Though hopefully we'll get some good news soon.  :D

I agree :)
I started becoming stressed and now I fill all my spare time with sports and it's so relaxing :)
Find something you love and set some time aside to do it :) how can you relax if you never take time for yourself

Cui said:
As well, if you get chosen for civilian university, you will have to do a longer BMOQ than RMC students. It's to make up for the 4 weeks of FYOP that RMC students got.

Do you know if civi-U students get to run the obstacle course that RMC students do during their FYOP?

matthew1786 said:
Do you know if civi-U students get to run the obstacle course that RMC students do during their FYOP?

From what I know, it is specific to RMC, and they also do it at RMC in St. Jean, but I could be wrong!

Chalupas said:
I agree :)
I started becoming stressed and now I fill all my spare time with sports and it's so relaxing :)
Find something you love and set some time aside to do it :) how can you relax if you never take time for yourself

Seems like a great strategy! I'm not really stressed, more anxious and excited to see if my future is what I want it to be!

It's ok to get antsy, over a big milestone in one's life, Good to know I'm not alone in this! :camo:

Chalupas said:
I'm pretty sure it's mid-August , the two weeks before september starts which is the beginning of FYOP
If this year is the same as the past few years, you will enroll some time this summer and likely go on LWOP (leave without pay) until you start working.  Work may include initial meetings/paperwork with your ULO, and then a 2 week indoctrination/orientation course.  This course has been held at the RMC campuses in years past, and at the Mega in St. Jean, QC this past year.  This has started around mid August in recent years (August 13th last year, IIRC) and then you'll go to your schools.  Civi U students have a nice leisurely year of classes and hopefully keep themselves in shape!  RMC students will go on to do FYOP, which, in my experience, is far more intense than the indoc/orientation course.  CMR do their own orientation period, but I haven't been through it so I can't offer much insight as to what it entails. 

BMOQ (Basic Military Officer Qualification) will happen the summer after your first year of school- 15 weeks for Civ U students, 11 weeks for RMC students.

matthew1786 said:

No.  The obstacle course takes place on the RMC campus and is run by each first year flight (flight=team/squad/group in layman's terms) at the conclusion of FYOP.  If you're at Civ U and don't have to endure FYOP, you won't be doing an obstacle course until you do the one at the Mega. 

From what I've heard, it's not even comparable.

Hope that helps!

jwtg said:
No.  The obstacle course takes place on the RMC campus and is run by each first year flight (flight=team/squad/group in layman's terms) at the conclusion of FYOP.  If you're at Civ U and don't have to endure FYOP, you won't be doing an obstacle course until you do the one at the Mega. 

Hope that helps!

Awww  :(
The videos on youtube make it look like one of the most intense obstacle courses offered, and it really looks like fun too! Oh well.

I won't lie to you guys

It's starting to get to me a bit, last night I couldn't get my eyes closed for the first 3 hours, but those 10k runs really help. I increased my intensity when I lift as well, so when I get home I don't even have the energy to think and sleep like a rock.

I bet they have the offers and are screwing with us by making us wait.  ;D

Time will tell.

"Let's wait just one more day to see them all struggle on the Milnet Forums eh sir?"

xD.

Quote from another thread:

Inky said:
shared with the usual caveats

http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3528538#.T4Re6RZ1RFI.facebook

This came out in the Kingston Whig today, according to the article the principal would also be affected by the cuts which does seem like a strange move.

On a lighter note, there's a lot of OCdts and teachers going around campus with an air of indignation and lamenting the end of the officer corp as we know it, pretty entertaining stuff.

I think this may delay things a little further. Possibly good news for civi-U hopefuls? We'll see...

jwtg said:
If this year is the same as the past few years, you will enroll some time this summer and likely go on LWOP (leave without pay) until you start working.  Work may include initial meetings/paperwork with your ULO, and then a 2 week indoctrination/orientation course.  This course has been held at the RMC campuses in years past, and at the Mega in St. Jean, QC this past year.  This has started around mid August in recent years (August 13th last year, IIRC) and then you'll go to your schools.  Civi U students have a nice leisurely year of classes and hopefully keep themselves in shape!  RMC students will go on to do FYOP, which, in my experience, is far more intense than the indoc/orientation course.  CMR do their own orientation period, but I haven't been through it so I can't offer much insight as to what it entails. 

BMOQ (Basic Military Officer Qualification) will happen the summer after your first year of school- 15 weeks for Civ U students, 11 weeks for RMC students.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for clearing that up!  :cheers:

matthew1786 said:
Quote from another thread:

I think this may delay things a little further. Possibly good news for civi-U hopefuls? We'll see...

I hope that it's not bad news for RMC applicants

Everyone a little too on edge to post? What's everyone planning for the summer - forget the contract and what not, who's got plans? I'm a reservist so I'm on course. Any others?

I'm going to take the first month and make a few trips to the Adirondack Mountains in New York. Another one of my life goals is to climb the 46 High Peaks!  ;D

Thanks for asking oaktown :) Take the pressure off to think of other things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back