• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
oaktown said:
Everyone a little too on edge to post? What's everyone planning for the summer - forget the contract and what not, who's got plans? I'm a reservist so I'm on course. Any others?

Man, the last time I felt this anxious, was the christmas of 96 because I knew I was getting a N64.  :D

As for summer, no big plans really, working, taking advantage of the weather, BBQ, all the good stuff.

Alright back to homework. 3 weeks of classes left before I am officially on summer break.

Working out, going to China for a month in June, and hopefully find a job, if not, then just taking a summer off and relaxing.

If I don't get an ROTP offer, I'm going to get a second job somewhere where I can work afternoons along with my day shifts. More money I make right now, the more money I don't need to pay back after I finish University. Weekends will be reserved for heavy work outs.

-Phoebe  :cdn:

I am 3 days away from finishing up this school year, so this summer is going to be about work and play  :nod:

I am only 20 minutes away from Wasaga Beach, so I am planning on spending a lot of time swimming!

I plan on spending my vacation relaxing and training. Don't have any travel plans, though.

Cui said:
JPye, what did you apply for anyway?

Just curious

Logistics, Artillery and Armoured.

I am currently attending York for Sociology, so I applied for Civ-U, but also applied to RMC for English or Military Studies, since they don't offer sociology.

Cool, I am a first year arts student at Waterloo, and will be a Sociology/Legal Studies double major starting this fall as a 2nd year.

I applied for civvy-u ROTP as well, didn't apply for RMC.

I applied for armour and logistics as well, just that they are in completely opposite orders haha.

I wonder who usually has the greater chance, people coming out of high school or people already in university?

matt1994 said:
I wonder who usually has the greater chance, people coming out of high school or people already in university?

It really depends, like on marks, and community involvement, etc.

Being in university might give you a foot up, as you might be more mature and have more life experience.

But I feel that at the end of the day it doesn't make that much of a difference.

That's kind of my view too, being a little bit ahead of the game might help a little.

matt1994 said:

I'm going to go out on the limb and be textbook and say it depends on of course the marks through CFAT and all the application process, but I guess my two cents, probably University, because they can look at your marks in Uni and make a better guess on your academic performance, where as they take a chance with High School kids they don't know necessarily how they will adjust to University life, where as someone currently there, if they are doing well they can make a better educated guess?

My 2 cents.

I wonder what the RC staff talk about at their parties. They probably do laugh at the dumb stuff that we applicants sometimes say  :facepalm:

Patience is a virtue ...to bad I have discovered over the last few months I have none lol
I keep contimplating calling the RC but I do not wanna come across as anxious haha

This summer I plan on working overtime, and bringing my level of physical fitness as high as I can.
If I get offered the job, I'm going to work part time until the CF tells me to quit my job and focus completely on physical training.

Cui said:
I wonder what the RC staff talk about at their parties. They probably do laugh at the dumb stuff that we applicants sometimes say  :facepalm:

They were all where we were at some point weren't they?

matthew1786 said:
This summer I plan on working overtime, and bringing my level of physical fitness as high as I can.
If I get offered the job, I'm going to work part time until the CF tells me to quit my job and focus completely on physical training.

You'll never feel like you have enough time to focus on PT.
There will always be a reason or an excuse not to.
If you're THAT serious about getting in shape then start tomorrow. Don't make an excuse why you can't. Go do 30 minutes of cardio and spend an hour lifting weights.

ObedientiaZelum said:
You'll never feel like you have enough time to focus on PT.
There will always be a reason or an excuse not to.
If you're THAT serious about getting in shape then start tomorrow. Don't make an excuse why you can't. Go do 30 minutes of cardio and spend an hour lifting weights.

What? Wait.. what just happened?  :eek:

I think you are under the impression that I don't do any PT now! Unfortunately my life right now demands that I can't focus on it, doesn't mean I don't do it. When exams season is over, I will be able to focus on PT. Until then, finals come first, and PT second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back