• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damnit. I was called by them while I was still at school playing Ultimate Frisbee. Since no one was home at the time, nobody picked up the phone; and since I was running around, I couldn't answer my cell phone (which was in my bag on the sidelines)...

I'll call them tomorrow if they don't call me first.

ArpinB said:
Just realized my phone doesnt accept calls for some reason (my buddy was disappointed after trying to prank me) Gonna call CFRC Vancouver tomorrow hopefully they'll have some good news to cheer me up after the Canucks fell on their faces  :( I was also wondering if anyone else here applied for NCS ENG?

I did NCS ENG was my first choice and MPO was my second choice

Alex.Landry said:
I received my call this morning while I was teaching a workshop in Math. I had to wait 40 minutes for the class to finish and dismiss my students before I could go to the office and accept my offer.

I will be attending 4 years at RMC Kingston for Engineering to become and Engineering Officer.

My offer came out of CFRC Kingston and they informed me that they began sending out offers this morning.

Life goal accomplished, now to reset and move forward towards becoming an officer!

Congrats to everyone else who's gotten the call and to everyone still anxious for theirs, it will come and it is certainly worth the wait.  :salute:

Congrats Alex! Did they give you any other details on the Engineer Officer trade?

MKos said:
I did NCS ENG was my first choice and MPO was my second choice
What Degree did you apply for? I had NCS ENG as my first and AERE as my second, with a degree in computer engineering

ArpinB said:
What Degree did you apply for? I had NCS ENG as my first and AERE as my second, with a degree in computer engineering

Bachelor of Science, Space Science

Anyone from the Maritimes Heard yet? Particurlarly from CFRC Halifax?

I applied for MARS and I have a few other friends from school who have also applied. We've all been making bets on when we will hear:p

ArpinB said:
Just realized my phone doesnt accept calls for some reason (my buddy was disappointed after trying to prank me) Gonna call CFRC Vancouver tomorrow hopefully they'll have some good news to cheer me up after the Canucks fell on their faces  :( I was also wondering if anyone else here applied for NCS ENG?

NSC eng first choice and marine systems engineer second choice. Accepted for second choice at rmc for a bachelors degree of mechanical engineering. :salute:

127phoenix said:
NSC eng first choice and marine systems engineer second choice. Accepted for second choice at rmc for a bachelors degree of mechanical engineering. :salute:

Congrats! Where you from?

It would seem that no one has heard from the Maritimes yet. Hope they start calling out here soon!

Do you think that recruiting centres are handing out just acceptances at the moment? I haven't seen one reply yet (that I know of) where someone has informed us of being rejected. That, or maybe they just don't feel like sharing that they have been rejected.

I'd love to hear all of your opinions.

A buddy of mine was rejected from the Air Crew qualifications because of a medical issue. He was told that a while ago but is still in the system for some thing else.

The recruiter I spoke to said that they generally call those who have been accepted and send paper mail to thos who have not, so rejections might take a little longer. Take that with a grain of salt though because my recruiting office has never seemed quite on the ball when it comes to telling myself and others I know going through the process how the process actually works....

Just got an offer for MARS from CFRC Calgary. Congratulations to all who have been accepted!

Ajraddatz said:
Just got an offer for MARS from CFRC Calgary. Congratulations to all who have been accepted!

You just got an offer? How so? By e-mail? Isn't CFRC Calgary closed at this time?

127phoenix said:
Hey congratulations. I got accepted for marine systems engineering officer too at rmc Kingston I think. So see you there. :) What degree are you getting? Mine is mechanical engineer.

I am also going for mech engineering! Where outta Vancouver are you from? Too bad about the Canucks! I watched the entire game, and they scored just as my friend showed up and I had to answer the door! By the way, I'm outta Victoria

Good luck to everyone still waiting! And congrats to everyone accepted. I am looking forward to August!

Got a call yesterday around 2pm. Found out that I missed the deadline for the last aircrew selection for Pilot as my medical file took longer getting processed than first thought. I did however get merit listed for my second choice (AERE) so all in all it was a bitter sweet phone call. Fingers crossed that I'll hear back sooner rather than later.

scriptox said:
You just got an offer? How so? By e-mail? Isn't CFRC Calgary closed at this time?
The officer called me from their home. It surprised me quite a bit since the CFRC was closed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back