• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domo I think he is going to civy university, hence the first line near the end where he talks about his stats, as he stated "rotp student civy university at U of T". Just my assumptions. Also congratulations to stretch on your acceptance!! ;D

Domo777 said:
Hey Stretch,

Great news on your acceptance!  I was in the same boat as you,  I'm turning 22 and joined the infantry with 4 RCR back in early 2008 and got accepted for ACSO for a BA.  Are you headed to RMC Kingston or RMC St Jean?  I got word that I'm spending a year in St Jean first and then finishing the last 3 in Kingston.  Something to do with lack of space in Kingston and due to random selection, they want to even out the class sizes to fit more candidates who would normally go to Civvy U into Kingston or St Jean. 

Are you a Corporal or Master Corporal?  I finished my mod 6 this past summer and hopefully will be able to keep my pay grade. Did you hear any information on that for yourself?  I totally agree with you about perseverance and to keep trying if this is your first time applying and you don't get good news back.  I myself am an Infantry instructor know what it takes for guys and girls to get through the courses and trust me, they are not easy.  But if it is truly your dream, then anything is possible.  I've seen a 18 year old female troop about 120 lbs take a C6 off a 24 years old 200lb dude on an 8 km ruck march. 

Which Regiment are you from?  QOR, 48th?

Domo777

Hey Domo 777

Thank you, and congratulations to you as well. I actually got very little information on what is happening. I assume I will receive the rest in the letter in a couple weeks and of course I will keep everybody informed on what I know as much as I can. However I am sure that I will remain at U of T since I actually do not acquire the necessary highschool prerequisite credits to be admitted to RMC or CMR.

I am currently a Cpl, I finished Mod 1-5 two years ago and I have been employed on BMQ's and BWW's and so on mainly because of my experience. I am really glad to hear that perseverance for the both of us has paid off. A huge thumbs up for that young lady :salute:, one of those step up or step down situations; clearly she stepped up to the plate and knew she wouldn't be beat! that's what it takes.

I am with the Lorne Scots :piper:, I wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths :)

Regards

stretch

127phoenix said:
Domo I think he is going to civy university, hence the first line near the end where he talks about his stats, as he stated "rotp student civy university at U of T". Just my assumptions. Also congratulations to stretch on your acceptance!! ;D

You would be correct, and thank you  ;D

So the class yesterday was good news! Got my acceptance today! I ended up just walking into the RC to meet with the Cpl. who I was supposed to call. She was so nice.

So yeah, accepted to RMC Kingston as a MARS Officer pursuing an Arts degree. Spent the last year here at uOttawa but screw it! I'd rather be at RMC surrounded by people like us! I'm so happy. I was walking through downtown Ottawa on my way hope with a ridiculous grin plastered across my face. Couldn't help it.

So yeah, it feels so good. All the hard work, waiting, and perseverance was worth it. It's the rough patches that make you stronger. But for you guys that are still waiting, have a Plan B. You should be expecting to get in, but you gotta cover your six. Up until the moment that Cpl. told me I was accepted I had fallback plans for school, work, uni, and life, but it's nice that Plan A came through.

Dream your dreams with open eyes, and make them come true! Looking forward to seeing everyone in August!

littlewhitebuddha said:
So the class yesterday was good news! Got my acceptance today! I ended up just walking into the RC to meet with the Cpl. who I was supposed to call. She was so nice.

So yeah, accepted to RMC Kingston as a MARS Officer pursuing an Arts degree. Spent the last year here at uOttawa but screw it! I'd rather be at RMC surrounded by people like us! I'm so happy. I was walking through downtown Ottawa on my way hope with a ridiculous grin plastered across my face. Couldn't help it.

So yeah, it feels so good. All the hard work, waiting, and perseverance was worth it. It's the rough patches that make you stronger. But for you guys that are still waiting, have a Plan B. You should be expecting to get in, but you gotta cover your six. Up until the moment that Cpl. told me I was accepted I had fallback plans for school, work, uni, and life, but it's nice that Plan A came through.

Dream your dreams with open eyes, and make them come true! Looking forward to seeing everyone in August!

Congrats! Looking forward to being your classmate at RMC Kingston.

Congrats to those that also received offers the past two days.

Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who has received their offer. I just got a call from CFRC London with my offer, Infantry, with 2 more years at WLU. It was my first choice. I'm excited to see everyone in August. Goodluck to those who are still waiting.

On a side note: Apparently the offers are only coming out of a few CFRC's now, instead of all the individual ones. For me I was expecting CFRC Kitchener where I did my app. and interview, but apparently this year they had to hand everything off to London, thus the delay.

I think I'm going to have to go run 10km to calm down!

Best of luck,

Mason

Just got a reply from CFRC Calgary. Got NCS Eng Officer, my first choice. Super exited, and a little in shock. It took 3 years or so, but its so worth it. I will be at RMC Kingston this fall for BS in Eng. While I just finished the first year of my engineering degree at the top of my class here in Alberta they said I'll still have to start over at RMC anyway. That's OK, I got what I asked for. Hopefully see you all August 8th for orientation.

Keep hope. I was beginning to think I had missed out.

I have received some very good unofficial news! I have been accepted for Armoured and get to stay at my current university.

For everyone wondering - I am a CT but have been dealing with CFRC Hamilton.

Stay patient everyone! It is still early; don't start to get discouraged.

What's my summer looking like now that i've been accepted to RMC?
What will it consist of?

Thanks

P.S. any athletes on here planning to play a varsity sport next year!?

trevorreid said:
What's my summer looking like now that i've been accepted to RMC?
What will it consist of?

Thanks

P.S. any athletes on here planning to play a varsity sport next year!?

Not too sure.. my counsellor advised me that someone will be calling again within the next few weeks with further details on joining. I would imagine that we would have some paperwork to take care of, have our swearing in ceremony and other things. Oh, and we don't have August free any longer do we?

I'm planning to play Ultimate Frisbee! Though not a varsity sport, I still cannot get enough of it! :D 

scriptox said:
Not too sure.. my counsellor advised me that someone will be calling again within the next few weeks with further details on joining. I would imagine that we would have some paperwork to take care of, have our swearing in ceremony and other things. Oh, and we don't have August free any longer do we?

I'm planning to play Ultimate Frisbee! Though not a varsity sport, I still cannot get enough of it! :D

Yeah the lady that phoned me said the same thing. I'm not sure what is happening and August! (Or how long it is)
That's awesome! I can't wait for the competition level to rise from my current leisure gym class. :p

I've been in contact with the men's soccer coach an I'm going down to RMC for a kick about with the team which he basically said I'm pretty much on :) heck yes paladins

I was informed that we would receive future instructions in following weeks.

My CFRC told me my swearing in would be in the first two weeks of July and then I would be placed on LWOP until August 8th, which I would then report to CFB Kingston for orientation.

With further research into the joining instructions, I know we leave for St-jean for our Recruitment Camp at the Mega Complex on August 11th and return August 25th for the Arch ceremony.

August 25th, we jump straight into FYOP and September 4th classes begin.

As for sports, I have been part of the RMC Judo team for 2 years already as a civilian and with its almost Varsity status next year, I look forward to fighting in tournaments as a Paladin :)

Anybody have any idea how the following months will be like for Saint-Jean OCdts? I know we get further instructions in the following weeks but after looking through their website (CMRSJ), it states that orientation begins July 29. However my counsellor stated that I need to report to Kingston for August 8. So I'm a bit confused.

scriptox said:
Anybody have any idea how the following months will be like for Saint-Jean OCdts? I know we get further instructions in the following weeks but after looking through their website (CMRSJ), it states that orientation begins July 29. However my counsellor stated that I need to report to Kingston for August 8. So I'm a bit confused.

This link may help you out a bit.

http://www.rmc.ca/ji-ir/ji-ir-eng.asp

Found the joining instructions for CMR, they are a bit different.

http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/deo-ocd/ir-ji/ir-ji-eng.asp

Congrats to all that have been accepted! Hope to hear soon and that I will be a class mate next year.

bemason said:
Found the joining instructions for CMR, they are a bit different.

http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/deo-ocd/ir-ji/ir-ji-eng.asp

Congrats to all that have been accepted! Hope to hear soon and that I will be a class mate next year.

Exactly, that's what I meant. Orientation begins July 29, but my counsellor stated to report to Kingston for the 8th of August. Haha

Called my recruiting office today and they told me im merit listed :( not quite sure where that puts me though and i haven't lost hope  :salute:

scriptox said:
Exactly, that's what I meant. Orientation begins July 29, but my counsellor stated to report to Kingston for the 8th of August. Haha

I think for some reason it might differ between the schools. Not sure why that would be and it doesn't make much sense. It's possible CMR hasn't updated their joining instructions yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back