• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burko said:
My application was also through Edmonton. From what I have seen on the forms/facebook group (you should join), and from what my file manager said there are not very many of us. What trade/degree you going for?

Ya my file manager at CFRC Edmonton told me that to. I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts and got in as a pilot. Yourself?

They are starting to coming out again.  My son was offered ROTP at Laurier today as an AEC.

For anyone out of CFRC Hamilton,

Called my file manager today and he said he had no news of the second selection yet, but he hopes they come ASAP

Keep the faith everyone, I know I am! :salute:

Same news for those of us hoping for an offer out of Vancouver, next week is supposed to be the week! Hang in there folks.

jparkin said:
Same news for those of us hoping for an offer out of Vancouver, next week is supposed to be the week! Hang in there folks.

Best of luck to everyone, for now, I am settling for accepting my McMaster offer...Stupid Deadlines. :threat:

I've just asked a career counsellor in CFRC Toronto and was told that there were only 4 spots for an ROTP nursing officer for the entire country. I didn't get the offer, but I'm reapplying this Fall again. Should I even bother reapplying with such heavy odds stacked against me? I'm devastated, reality had just put a checkmate on me.

Azaryev_SN said:
I've just asked a career counsellor in CFRC Toronto and was told that there were only 4 spots for an ROTP nursing officer for the entire country. I didn't get the offer, but I'm reapplying this Fall again. Should I even bother reapplying with such heavy odds stacked against me? I'm devastated, reality had just put a checkmate on me.

As heartbreaking as it is, YES I think you should, but it all depends on how badly you want it, if you want it bad enough, this answer should be self explanatory, take the next months to make yourself a better candidate, work hard, stay fit etc, and when next selection comes you'll be ready.

Azaryev_SN said:
Should I even bother reapplying with such heavy odds stacked against me? I'm devastated, reality had just put a checkmate on me.

Right now you're only in check. If you don't re-apply, then you are in checkmate. Recruiting numbers change with each year, next year could be 2 slots or 20, but there's only one way to find out if you'll get one.

So the time has finally come! Anyone who's applying for ROTP 2013-2014 post here! Let us know what you're up to and what your plans are for the coming year!

Myself, I'm currently in grade 11 so in September I am going to apply with Pilot as my first choice(still working on the others) and to go to RMC.

Looking forward to hear from everyone else.

I like the enthusiasm, but you should wait until the 2012 selections finish....

My  :2c: There's still alot of people waiting to hear from second selections, so we won't be looking to this until.

MKos said:
I like the enthusiasm, but you should wait until the 2012 selections finish....

Why?  The OP didn't apply for the 2012 selection.

MKos said:
My  :2c: There's still alot of people waiting to hear from second selections, so we won't be looking to this until.

So then they can add to this thread when and if things happen (or not).

I guess I'm on this boat then. ::)
Well I'll be applying at CFRC Toronto when September comes.

Having gone through what most of you will go through, I promised myself that I'd offer my help to anyone out there looking for it, like the gracious hosts of Army.ca Forums offered me this past year.

I am currently dated to be enrolled and will be attending RMC this fall as an ENG officer potential.

I will gladly offer any insight or advice if anyone wants it for this coming year.

Good luck to you all! Remember to stay positive!

Thank you Alex, it will definitely be useful and much appreciated in the year to come!

And yes I was going to wait, but I saw most other ROTP threads have been made around this time, if not earlier than now.

Azaryev_SN said:

Reapply. Even if you don't get accepted ROTP and finish your education and come out as a nurse, you can DEO as a Nursing Officer if there are spots open. Sure, it costs a lot more, but if it's really what you want to do it's worth it.

CAitch said:
Reapply. Even if you don't get accepted ROTP and finish your education and come out as a nurse, you can DEO as a Nursing Officer if there are spots open. Sure, it costs a lot more, but if it's really what you want to do it's worth it.

Thank you for the suggestion! I've been always thinking about DEO as my back up plan. Is it easier to join CF via DEO? I just can't see my life without CF, it's not only the family tradition, it's what I've always wanted.
I strongly hope that there will be more spots available in the future, because 4 ROTP spots is just brutal.

Azaryev_SN said:
Thank you for the suggestion! I've been always thinking about DEO as my back up plan. Is it easier to join CF via DEO? I just can't see my life without CF, it's not only the family tradition, it's what I've always wanted.
I strongly hope that there will be more spots available in the future, because 4 ROTP spots is just brutal.

Yes, unfortunetly nothing is ever solid, this year it could be 4 and next year 25, but If it's something you really want to do, keep your options open, keep re-applying, and if it doesn't work out, DEO is still an entry option, you'll still satisfy your military dreams, and get to have had the experience of a civilian University.

The thing to take from this is, that it is not over if you do not get to go through ROTP or RMC, there are still many oppurtunities and carrer paths you can take to still become an officer!

Good Luck! :salute:

211RadOp said:
They are starting to coming out again.  My son was offered ROTP at Laurier today as an AEC.

As my father said, I was offered ROTP at Laurier as an AEC.

My recruiters said there is a chance you'll be contacted in the summer for Civi U, because people change their mind last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back