• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daishi said:
Its been ONE full month since I handed in my medical forms to be sent to Ottawa and still no word. Gahhhh

Don't worry. Earlier this week my file manager told me that "the government is having issues processing applicants in a timely manner with the crossover to electronic applications and is far behind." He also mentioned that not many people have not yet been merit listed this year compared to past years. It sounds like many people are in the same situation as you are. The only unfortunate part is that you may not be merit listed in time for the first ROTP selection. However, if that is the case, you may be merit listed in time for the next ROTP selection round. Good luck!

*Note: this is only what I have been told by a file manager and is subject to interpretation by readers.

Daishi:  Keep following up on your medical information.  And...  provided you are acceptable make sure that they update on the system so that you move forward (are merit listed).  Had situations with both of my sons where medical information was not handled effectively. The first was not acted on and simply placed in an individual's in-basket. Second was approved in Ottawa and then not updated on the system until we checked.  If you are near a recruiting centre go there in person to check and ask them to check.  Good luck.

Conz said:
Earlier this week my file manager told me that "the government is having issues processing applicants in a timely manner with the crossover to electronic applications and is far behind." He also mentioned that not many people have not yet been merit listed this year compared to past years. It sounds like many people are in the same situation as you are. The only unfortunate part is that you may not be merit listed in time for the first ROTP selection. However, if that is the case, you may be merit listed in time for the next ROTP selection round. Good luck!

*Note: this is only what I have been told by a file manager and is subject to interpretation by readers.

Think about it!!!  If your file manager already has your file and you are not yet merit listed, where do you think the problem is?  Probably not with the electronic application.    :facepalm:

dcs said:
Had situations with both of my sons where medical information was not handled effectively. The first was not acted on and simply placed in an individual's in-basket. Second was approved in Ottawa and then not updated on the system until we checked.

So if your being told your file is not ready, it's because who ever is holding it, didn't do their job!

DAA said:
Think about it!!!  If your file manager already has your file and you are not yet merit listed, where do you think the problem is?  Probably not with the electronic application.    :facepalm:

So if your being told your file is not ready, it's because who ever is holding it, didn't do their job!

The file manager was simply making a remark about the trend with this year's applications and his understanding of why the merit list seems significantly smaller compared to the past. Also, I noted that this was what I was told by a CF file manager. Please check your attitude when you reply in the future. I was not seeking to discredit anyone nor begin an argument. My intent was to provide some possible insight to those with questions. In addition, perceiving this issue to be an individual's error and void the possibility of a systematic error when there is (what the recruiter indicated) evidence of slow applicant processing across the country, is a narrow approach to this problem.

Conz said:
The file manager was simply making a remark about the trend with this year's applications and his understanding of why the merit list seems significantly smaller compared to the past. Also, I noted that this was what I was told by a CF file manager. Please check your attitude when you reply in the future. I was not seeking to discredit anyone nor begin an argument. My intent was to provide some possible insight to those with questions. In addition, perceiving this issue to be an individual's error and void the possibility of a systematic error when there is (what the recruiter indicated) evidence of slow applicant processing across the country, is a narrow approach to this problem.

Obviously my point went over your head.  Let's do some basic math then, shall we??

You apply to the CF on Monday as an ROTP applicant.  By Tues or Wed a CAR Letter is mailed out and you also receive an email providing guidance on how you NOW must apply online to RMC.  You apply online to RMC on Wed and upload all your documents into their system.  RMC Registrars assesses your application and notifies Online Recruiting of your acceptability on Friday.  Friday afternoon your Recruiting File is transferred to your local CFRC for continued processing and is received by them on Monday morning.  Total time = 5-7 business days to reach your local CFRC as long as you followed the instructions provided.

So now let me ask you.  If you have been waiting a month or more but it only took a week from the time you applied until the time you file was transferred and received by your local CFRC, how can anyone say that "it's not my fault that your file isn't ready for merit boards", especially when they have had it, in their hot little hands, for 2-3 weeks and in some cases 2-3 months.

It may not be the fault of your specific file manager but it sure doesn't have anything to do with the electronic processing.  Again, look at what DCS posted!!!

Thanks for the insights guys. I guess I wont make it to CAPPS or merit in time or selections at this rate. I have called them every week so far and they say the same thing over and over. "Its being handled", or "it's being processed."

I'm merit listed for the first selection, hoping to get good news, Civvie unis I applied to are sending back offers, even one where they credit me a full year of courses! I heard the selection was pushed back from the 15th to the 21st though.

martel894 said:
Does anyone knows the number of different trade entry for the ROTP

Questions:

1.  Have you applied for ROTP?

2.  Have you researched ROTP?

3.  Have you talked to someone at the CFRC or a School Councilor about what is offered in ROTP?

It would appear you have done none of the above.

Yes I did everything you asked, the only thing I did not answer is how many person can be admitted in the various trades

martel894 said:
Highly unlikely that anyone on these forums has, or will disclose, accurate numbers for available positions for different trades for ROTP this year.

At best, you'll get hearsay, because everyone heard something different from their friend, their dad, their uncle, their CFRC, their mother through their dog, etc. 

Hearsay, especially in CF recruiting, has a tendency to be worthless.

Chelomo said:
I heard the selection was pushed back from the 15th to the 21st though.

Not too surprised. It was delayed once or twice last year.

jwtg said:
Highly unlikely that anyone on these forums has, or will disclose, accurate numbers for available positions for different trades for ROTP this year.

At best, you'll get hearsay, because everyone heard something different from their friend, their dad, their uncle, their CFRC, their mother through their dog, etc. 

Hearsay, especially in CF recruiting, has a tendency to be worthless.

:goodpost:

Does anyone know if you get some pay for the week of CAPPS training? That's an entire week of missed wages for me, and being on my student budget...I cant really afford that :/

Also I called medical and they said my file is on the way BACK from Ottawa. So either I'm cleared or I get turned down a week from now.

Daishi said:
Does anyone know if you get some pay for the week of CAPPS training? That's an entire week of missed wages for me, and being on my student budget...I cant really afford that :/

Also I called medical and they said my file is on the way BACK from Ottawa. So either I'm cleared or I get turned down a week from now.

Come on.  You are going to go officer, and you asked that?

Daishi said:

It cost me every personal day that I had and over 600 in lost wages and 2.5 pensionable days. It was worth it.

Hey,

Just called my file manager today, good news I'm merit listed since late february. He said that they sit tommorow. So, in approx one month they will start giving offer. If I remember correctly, last year I got my offer on April 23. A couple of guys got it before depending on your CRFC.

Good luck everybody :salute:

Hello,

I know this question has been asked before, but I have a few big questions about admission for the ROTP program at RMC.

So, I am currently in Grade 11, and I will apply for RMC in September next school year. And my grades from this year, so far, go like this: Socials 11 - 94%, Law 12 - 94%, Band 11 - 92%, French 11 - 87%, English 11 - 86%, and the rest from this current semester will probably average about 80% minimum. So based on previous years, do my grades look promising? I'm planning on going into the Engineering program.

Also, I currently don't have a job and have never had one (I am looking though), I haven't volunteered much, I have no real sporting achievements, and I don't have much musical achievements either. Just bagpipes Level 2 at cadets, and that's basically it. I play instruments, and am fairly good, but I have no certificates. Also, I do not know how to show my leadership skills well. What would one suggest I do to better my chances of getting acceptance?

Also, I'm in cadets and I am a sergeant currently. I've heard cadets doesn't do much for RMC, is that true?

Overall, what am I lacking? I feel like I have nothing really special, so how do I make myself stand out? How do I get accepted? I just feel like I probably don't have a huge chance of getting in, and I don't know what I should do to try to improve my application.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back