• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelowna11 said:
I just got excepted to RMC saint Jean, I just took my first year university and I am transferring there. I am really excited but I am also worried because i don't speak ANY french!! Will I survive?

I believe the CF want their officers Bilingual; those who need it undergo second language training because of it. You'll be fine, a lot of us are bilingual already and I'm sure a few of our fellow CMR students will help you out. As it was pointed out, you might be bunking in the same room with someone who mainly speaks French; however I'm not sure. I was told Prep year students are bunked two to a room, while First years (that would be you) have a room to themselves.

No worries, plenty of time to learn!  ;D

Caramon_Majere said:
First years (that would be you) have a room to themselves.

First years are two to a room - you'll get your own room in second year.

I'm entering the CMR as an ENGR Officer candidate this summer.
Looking forward to meeting everybody! ;D

Caramon_Majere said:
I'm entering the CMR as an ENGR Officer candidate this summer.
Looking forward to meeting everybody! ;D

Congrats,

See you there !

From my post from before, I still haven't received my papers. And I had called last Friday and it turns out my recruitment officer wasn't in the office. I asked the front desk and it says on their records that he hasn't sent me any papers yet. Is there anyone else waiting for their papers in the mail still?

I saw the links that were posted earlier which are about going there in August, but I don't know what's happening on July 9th for the swearing in ceremony. Is that only for your local recruitment center, or at the RMC in Kingston? Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

maryi said:
From my post from before, I still haven't received my papers. And I had called last Friday and it turns out my recruitment officer wasn't in the office. I asked the front desk and it says on their records that he hasn't sent me any papers yet. Is there anyone else waiting for their papers in the mail still?

I saw the links that were posted earlier which are about going there in August, but I don't know what's happening on July 9th for the swearing in ceremony. Is that only for your local recruitment center, or at the RMC in Kingston? Any information would be appreciated, thank you.

The links above are applicable to RMC students only.  ROTP enrolments are done as a group by your respective CFRC, so the date depends on which CFRC you are enrolling through.

maryi said:

Same case with my CRFC. My file manager told me that they have not received final instruction yet. Should be in a few weeks or days

I'm in the same boat - although I was told that the ceremony for CFRC Ottawa will be held July 12. No information further than that though.

Hi, I will be attending RMC next year, and I was wondering if there is any sort of etiquette training as part of the military training program. If there is, does the training only occur before large events, like Christmas Ball? Or is it a continuous part of the military training program?

Etiquette is mostly "OJT" with most people learning by correcting mistakes as they are pointed out. Start your reading at this page, and you shouldn't be too surprised by any future expectations. Things change and evolve, but the core expectation to act like a mature and responsible human in mixed company remains the same.

The Senior Subaltern; guidance for young officers

Hi everyone!
I just got a call from CFRC Toronto stating that I got accepted for Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Officer and that I can continue my education at McMaster University.
Congratulations to those that got an offer so far.  I look forward to meeting you all!  :)

4th Year RMC cadet here. Don't expect much in terms of Etiquette training. As stated above, you'll get most of your behavior cues during summer training. My advise: Be polite, be humble, be fair, be honest and be respectful

If you're talking about Etiquette in the table manners sense then the closest you'll get to that will be the few mess dinners and that's about it.

Thanks! I was wondering more in terms of general officer behaviour, as table manners are something which is learned at home. Thanks for both of your replies, as they have answered my question.

I am still waiting for some clear info from my CFRC, I have already posted this link earlier but for those going to RMC St-Jean like me, I think
this can be useful until we get the actual papers!

http://www.cmrsj-rmcsj.forces.gc.ca/fe-fs/ir-ji/ire-jic-eng.asp

Enjoy! Looking forward meeting with you guys!

Just for everyone's information I just received updated joining instructions for RMCC OCdts.  Nothing much has changed except for a few small details but keep your heads up for more info from your respective recruiting centers none the less.

When they sent me through CFLRS, we did have a few etiquette classes. Had a little blue book from the 1950's as its basis.

We tore it apart in our critique. Mind you, my (former) engineer buddy and I had many a funny moment quoting "Bloggins, you do not drink port with your soup."

Old school etiquette is never out of fashion nor out of place.  I just toured a LCol around unit lines as our guest and was taken aback, dismayed and disappointed at how many folks failed to use the word "sir" or even stand up to shake his hand upon introduction.  These were simple things my parents taught me as a child growing up.  Not sure when or how simple manners have become endangered.  So to answer your question, the very fact that you are tuned in enough to even ask that question tells me that your mother taught you right and you will be OK.  Be polite, be respectful, and when in doubt, salute!  :salute:

PAdm said:
......., dismayed and disappointed at how many folks failed to use the word "sir"

WOW!  In a military environment, that is ........ unacceptable.  It is proper military etiquette to address your superiors by their rank or "sir".  Was this on an Airbase or a Training base?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back