• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
HeyJhon said:
Oh, I thought Engineer Officer as MARS or Pilot was open to anyone with any degree. Well thank you for this information. So,I will look for engineering as Engineer Officer interest me.

Thank you again Supersonicmax, bonne soirée à toi.

Engineer Officer is Engineer Officer requiring an engineering degree. It is a separate and distinct occupation from MARS and Pilot.

RedcapCrusader said:
Engineer Officer is Engineer Officer requiring an engineering degree.

A Bachelor of Science is also an acceptable degree for Engineer.

DAA said:
A Bachelor of Science is also an acceptable degree for Engineer.

But only if you don't mind not being able to call yourself a professional engineer until your non-engineering degree has been accepted by a Provinical Engineering Association as being adequate (or you take additional exams to fill in the gaps). If you want to be a Professional Engineer in the Engineers, then an engineering degree would be the way to go.

Ok so if I understand what you are saying, supersonicmax was actually wrong (or maybe you are as you both tell different things) when he told me that medicine degree wouldn't fit for Engineer Officer?

Sorry for all these questions but I'm quite a bit confuse.

Have a nice day.

HeyJhon said:
Ok so if I understand what you are saying, supersonicmax was actually wrong (or maybe you are as you both tell different things) when he told me that medicine degree wouldn't fit for Engineer Officer?

Sorry for all these questions but I'm quite a bit confuse.

Have a nice day.

If you want to practice engineering, then you need an engineering degree.... if you want to practice medicine, you need a medical degree. While it may be acceptable to the CAF for someone with degree X to be employed in a different field, I'm asking myself why would you study one degree and then enter another field of practice?

Again while it may be acceptable to the CAF, you need to take a longer view. You may find that after your military service is complete you'd run into difficulties entering the civilian workplace; degrees have a definite "half-life" and if you're not regularly practicing the subject matter, then while technically you're academically qualified on paper, your ability to apply these qualification is compromised. Here in Ontario, in order to become a licenced engineer, the PEO are looking not only for the academic degree but for evidence that the applicant has several years engineering experience using this qualification under the supervision of an appropriate qualified engineer - the paper qualification by itself does not make you an engineer.

HeyJhon said:

No, what Supersonicmax told you is correct but there is more information available which I have provided, so put the two together.

All CF Occupations have different "entry standards" when it comes to "acceptable" academic degrees.  If you are planning on applying as a DEO applicant, then this is VERY important but if you are applying as an ROTP applicant (ie' RMC/CMR), then not so much so, only because your undergrad degree will be "assigned" to you and it will be commensurate with your assigned occupation.

The information I provide you with, is only applicable to CF Occupational Entry Standards, nothing more and has nothing to do with civilian qualifications or designations.

If you want a list of what is "acceptable" inorder for you to be eligible to apply as a DEO Engineering Officer, I will post it.  If you are interested in ROTP, then it really doesn't matter, because your area of study will be "assigned" to you, be it Engineering or Science.

Ok understood thank you.

Ex-Pat, it's simply because, exit ROTP, even if I am not against serving some years in regular, I would prefer a career in reserve.  So even if Officer Engineer interest me, I can't say the same for civil engineer. I thought I could do ROTP, serve somes years then move to civil but actually, it don't look like a good plan. Thank you for your time, I will stop annoying you and think about all this. Again, have a nice day.

I haven't checked it lately, but is Reserve Entry Training Plan (RETP) still available at RMC?  That may work out for you.

Hi,

Today i just made sumbit my admission to the royal military college of Kingston (RMC). I would like to be an intelligence officier (1st choice), infantry (second choice) or an armour officier (third choice). I would like to make a bachelor in military and strategic studies.

I think i have good chances to being accept:
-I did 2 years of Cegep (im from Quebec) and im getting my collegial diploma in december.
-Im working at Mcdonald's for 3 and a half year and i im a supervisor, so i have some leadership experience.
-Im doing multiple sports and im in good physical shape.

BUT, there something that i don't like about my admission. You have one section where they ask you if you did some activities outside of school or work in the past 2 years. I didn't, but i did a sports at least 4 days a week. Do you think they could refuse me because of that? Should i realy find an activity to do outside of school? Because i realy would realy like to be accept at RMC, i would doanything!

Thank you and sorry if my english isn't realy good, i need to practice my writing!

Jérémy Simard, 19 years old.

Jeremy,

You did the best that you could with your application.  Stop worrying, keep enjoying life while you wait see if you are accepted. It is a very competitive process, so  :dunno:

SeaKingTacco said:
Jeremy,

You did the best that you could with your application.  Stop worrying, keep enjoying life while you wait see if you are accepted. It is a very competitive process, so  :dunno:

Yeah, we will see! I hope to get an interview at least, so they can see what i have to offer.

Hello everyone,
I am interested in applying to RMC and I was just wondering what kind of grades,
physical fitness, and other requirements that I need to pass in order to get excepted into RMC.
I am currently a Flight Sergeant in RCAC and 17. In school I get around high 80's to low 90's.
If anyone could help me answers these questions that would be great.
Thank you

So I'm currently in grade 11 and was hoping to attend RMC. I was wondering if anybody knew how long the whole process is to go from under graduate to the end of ROTP.

Also, do you guys know if you are deployed immediately after you complete ROTP or is there more that you have to do before you are deployed. Finally, do you guys know if infantry officers see any actual combat themselves or are they always "in the rear with the gear" stuck doing paperwork like they are shown in movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back