• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomulous said:
When you apply in your second year, there's high odds they'll just subsidize your final two years of education. So you have to be careful to apply for ROTP via Civvie U, they might not accept you to RMC due to you already being half way done school. Either that, or might ask you to wait until you graduate and apply for DEO.

While that is certainly possible, it is not uncommon for candidates already in civilian universities to be offered positions at RMC even if they're in their second year. A few of us here applied for ROTP CivyU under the assumption we would be offered to continue at our civilian institutions, but then we received offers to come to Kingston.

Just something to keep in mind, an offer could go anyway.

Seems that some people just don't read or miss the statement on the RMC Admissions forms (ie; at the Portal).  Under the heading "2 - Education Preferences" and before you click on the "Next" button, it clearly says "As an ROTP applicant, you will first be considered for admission to the Military Colleges, and if found suitable for admission, you will be offered to attend the Military Colleges. Therefore, please review the available degrees and make your selection accordingly. Choose “other” if your preferred degree is only available at a civilian university".

Simply put, unless your preferred degree is only available at a civilian university, RMC always get's "first dibs".    :salute:

I understand RMC has paintball and airsoft clubs. Are you able to keep the equipment in your room? I'm skeptical but I'd rather ask than bring equipment and have it taken away (as happened to a few guys paintball guns at my current university).

menezes said:
I understand RMC has paintball and airsoft clubs. Are you able to keep the equipment in your room? I'm skeptical but I'd rather ask than bring equipment and have it taken away (as happened to a few guys paintball guns at my current university).

Although I am unsure as to it being allowed in your room at RMC, I would not recommend bringing that equipment with you - at least at first. It would likely be confiscated at the beginning of your course at CFLRS and while your CFLRS staff will give it back to you at the end, it just seems like a lot of unnecessary baggage. Save yourself from having to justify yourself to a Sgt or MCpl on your first day in the military (they inspect all of your belongings for contraband).

Depending on where you're coming from I would suggest finding out the rules and regulations when you get to RMC (after FYOP) and then consider bringing the equipment here, if allowed.

My  :2c:

Anyone have any information on Pilots/LogOs? Maybe Intel, but I'm not fully optimistic on intel haha.

Hello All:

I got some great news today! I have been accepted to RMC/ROTP for the 2016-2017 year! Hope this gives hope to those still waiting.

Can't wait to see everyone at basic! :)

Grummanironworks2 said:
Hello All:

I got some great news today! I have been accepted to RMC/ROTP for the 2016-2017 year! Hope this gives hope to those still waiting.

Can't wait to see everyone at basic! :)

Hey!! CONGRATULATIONS  :blotto: :blotto: :blotto: I am glad for you! I knew you were going to be accepted! I am just waiting to be merit-listed. haha  :salute:

thank you both! :) I know how hard it is to wait, but I'm sure good things are happening for everyone behind the scenes!

@fiji_boy_ make sure to check with your recruiter whats going on with your file. They didn't tell me I was merit listed until I called and specifically asked haha :p

Grummanironworks2 said:
thank you both! :) I know how hard it is to wait, but I'm sure good things are happening for everyone behind the scenes!

@fiji_boy_ make sure to check with your recruiter whats going on with your file. They didn't tell me I was merit listed until I called and specifically asked haha :p

Oh, thank you. I thought they were going to call me. haha Yeah I will definitely call tomorrow. Thanks for your advice! You rock  :D

Good news, everyone!
Received a conditional offer for MARS Officer this morning! Going to RMC, look forward to seeing you others in BMOQ!
Good luck everyone!

Bradford_Maxwell said:
Good news, everyone!
Received a conditional offer for MARS Officer this morning! Going to RMC, look forward to seeing you others in BMOQ!
Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! You mean the offical offer, right?  :nod:

Fiji_Boy_ said:
Congratulations! You mean the offical offer, right?  :nod:

Not quite, I have been given a conditional offer so I  don't necessarily have a seat until my reliability screening and medical screening go through as those are my conditions. I will likely get in, but I haven't gotten an offer of enrolment just yet.

Bradford_Maxwell said:
Not quite, I have been given a conditional offer so I  don't necessarily have a seat until my reliability screening and medical screening go through as those are my conditions. I will likely get in, but I haven't gotten an offer of enrolment just yet.
Good day!
I received a conditional offer as well on Friday for AERE officer at RMC! I'm a little bit confused (and eager) as to what the next steps are. In my understanding, isn't the medical and reliability screening already finished? (Had my medical done and recruiter tell me my background checks are good).

The conditional acceptance I received says to sign and return the paper to my recruiting office... no mention of BMOQ or minimum grades. Regardless, I'm very excited and congrats on your offer as well!

DAXTER619 said:
Good day!
I received a conditional offer as well on Friday for AERE officer at RMC! I'm a little bit confused (and eager) as to what the next steps are. In my understanding, isn't the medical and reliability screening already finished? (Had my medical done and recruiter tell me my background checks are good).

The conditional acceptance I received says to sign and return the paper to my recruiting office... no mention of BMOQ or minimum grades. Regardless, I'm very excited and congrats on your offer as well!

I spoke to the file manager at my CFRC and my medical and reliability check were completed as well, I was told that they give out the early offers right now and they'll start sending out the full employment offers at the end of march. Our next steps right now are just to wait until we get our full offer which will include instructions and dates for BMOQ and RMC.

I was placed on the merit list on February 5, and I just got a call on Thursday regarding my job offer to become an Infantry Officer! I actually missed the call and so I got called again the next day and I gladly accepted it.

I actually feel numb though because I am a bit confused. I was told there are no conditions, other than being accepted into RMC. But here's where I'm confused. For my friends who had English 12 last semester, they told me it took around a month for their provincial results to be released online. So, since I'm scheduled to start my first phase on training on July 4th, this means I will have already trained for around a month until my English 12 provincial results are out. My question is this: does my provincial exam result even matter then? Like I mean, I have already been sworn in and already have started training away from home. Since I accepted my job offer, what are my conditions to go to RMC besides graduating from high school? I thought I should maybe ask here first before I give RMC a call.

They gave you an offer with no conditions, you accepted. There are no conditions. They will likely only care if you bomb the exam. Stop worrying about something completely trivial.

Bradford_Maxwell said:
I spoke to the file manager at my CFRC and my medical and reliability check were completed as well, I was told that they give out the early offers right now and they'll start sending out the full employment offers at the end of march. Our next steps right now are just to wait until we get our full offer which will include instructions and dates for BMOQ and RMC.
Cheers! Thank you, getting a hold of CFRC Toronto by phone is very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back