• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rejoining CF after year off

SigPig84

Inactive
Reaction score
Just have a question, if someone can help me out. Recently signed back up to the CF as a SIP Op
Or ACIS...anyways got out in 2011 when my contract expired, signed back up finished my interview and medical they told me I've been merit listed so just waiting on selection.

Does anyone know how long this would take?

Any info would be greatly accepted.

Regards,

Cpl CJRB

Rejoining as the same trade? You'll have to wait for positions to open, but likely won't have to redo much training as skill fade for technical trades is 5 years. This may put you to the top of the merit list, but don't count on it, people have been waiting over a year for spots.

Rgr, called the ACISS CM and basically told me to prepare for the worst,
the recruiter I went to see actually was in the same battalion and tour
as me but he couldn't really tell me when there would be a selection sitting
for ACISS.
Anyways thanks for the info

PuckChaser said:
...You'll have to wait for positions to open, but likely won't have to redo much training as skill fade for technical trades is 5 years. This may put you to the top of the merit list, but don't count on it, people have been waiting over a year for spots.

We're no longer a red trade?

Brasidas said:
We're no longer a red trade?

I don't have my DWAN bookmarks right now, but with all the PATs in the training system, we're yellow the last I saw. That doesn't translate into actual deployable troops, but they removed the signing bonus for SigOp CTs this year which is normally given to red trades.

PATs don't count (or shouldn't, atleast) against a trades TES though. 

Going off the DPGR Occ Status info (forecast #s for 31 Mar 12), ACISS is RED.  (trade health is TES to PML ratio's, so PAT #s aren't reflected here).

Thanks for the info, that's the site I normally check. I never believed we went yellow, not with all the manning shortfalls.

Can anyone confirm the next date the selection board sits for ACISS, there a date of 27/04/12....any thoughts

Back