• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remembering 9-11 (merged anniversary thread)

Petamocto said:
Wow, a bit of irony in that statement.

You're using a stereotype to broadbrush Americans from the South as white trash who stereotype Muslims as Jihadists.
'trash' is the operative word and denotes a particular group. Had he said 'Ignorant poor white southern people that would have been a selective broad brush.

If you're going to attack, you better know what your objective is ;)

George Wallace said:
I would say that is a completely false statement.  Hatred is not a predominately "White" fault.  It is a fault found in all races.  Some other ethnic groups carry "hatred" to even more extremes than you will find in the White Anglo Saxon West. 

Your statement either represents the "White Apologists" or the racist comments of non-Whites we find around the Western world today.

Hate, much like joy, love, sorrow, guilt, etc... are all parts of what "God" instilled in EVERY person, regardless of colour or beliefs. Religion seems to fail to communicate the REAL importance of these. Our actions lead to what we feel inside, and by doing things that produce "negative" feelings, we distance ourselves from "God". The things that make us feel "positive" feelings bring us closer to "God". We have consciences for a reason, and what we feel is our conscience either rewarding us, or punishing us, to let us know in which direction we're headed.

Fortunately, we as humans are constantly evolving. Unfortunately, our concept of this "God" thing hasn't quite caught up yet, and we've allowed ourselves to place some nearly immovable wedges between these belief systems, these "religions". We can land a man on the moon and bring him back safely. We can screw up sending some there, and STILL get them back safely. We can re-attach limbs, transplant organs, cure diseases. But we can't agree on what name to give this "God", and we allow wars to be fought "in his name". No wonder so many people refuse to acknowledge "it's" existence and think that the people who do are retarded. Sorry/rant.

Sapplicant said:
And all because my God's cock is bigger than your God's cock. 
The irony for these so-called Christians is that they fail to realise that it's the same God in the Qur'an as in the bible.  The story of Adam and Eve is told in the Qur'an as but one example, as is the story of Moses (Musa).  Do they also not know that both Jesus and Mary are in the Qur'an as well?  Friggin' idiots.

Anyway, I hope that the average Joe will react strongly against this proposed barbarism and THAT will be the message that gets out to the world.

Shit like this calls for leadership and shows of unity:

bush-hand-holding-saudi-queen.jpg

I know that G.W. Bush got a lot of negative press over images like this.  In fact, the blog-site where I found this called it "Bush hand holding saudi queen". 

But....

obama-bowing.jpg

U.S. Presidents aren't supposed to bow to anyone.  This "event" requires top level leadership, it's that important.

a78jumper said:
I do not believe most non whites are capable of such hate, as they themselves are victims of those that do..
This, sir, is a blatantly racist statement that supposes that "brown people"* are incapable of the advanced thought processes that we whites have.
Trust me, ignorant people can be found in any colour or culture on the planet.

a78jumper said:

And not all Christians are Muslim haters either-my Church is just finishing a Ramadan based series to pray for our fellow citizens during their holy month.
No Christian is a muslim hater.  Any "christian" who hates a muslim because they are muslim is ignorant and a hypocrite.

*"Brown People" = any person who isn't white.  I use this term deliberately to illustrate the idiocy of the quoted text.

Sapplicant said:
and we allow wars to be fought "in his name".

Though I've often heard the argument that religious, or "holy" wars have killed more people than...well, anything, it's a myth.  Heck, I think that the second world war alone shattered any previous record (though one "neo-atheist" claimed to me that since Hilter was raised Roman catholic, then World War 2 was a holy war ::) )

But your point is well-made.  And as I stated previous, many fail to realise that Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship the same God: where Christianity evolved from Judaism, Mohammedism, or Islam, evolved from Christianity. 

I agree with Technoviking, if you do a little digging into the history of religion you will quickly find that it is all one base "story" that has evolved into what we see today over many different religious groups simply adapted to serve the needs of whomever is listening.  Extremeists will see this as another reason to keep hating and spreading the hate.  I certaintly hope these folks werent thinking they were helping the problem!!! ::)  Blatent publicity stunt that may have extemely negative consequences.

RTG :cdn:

All these idiots wanted, and got, was national media attention for their "church". Claim to do something awful, and you get free advertising on the news. I bet they received hundreds of dollars in donations from wackos like themselves to "support" their cause. Now even if they don't do it, people will remember the name "Dove World Outreach Centre" for months to come.

Though Wikipedia is not a reliable source, it itself contains reliable sources for its articles. The article on the Dove World Outreach Center claims that they support the wackos over at the Westboro Baptist Church.

Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_World_Outreach_Center

To take a quick trip through history, the WBC are the ones that picket soldiers funerals, as well as attempted to cross into Canada to picket Timothy Mclean's funeral.  (the poor fellow that was killed on the Greyhound.)

I hope the rest of the public agencies that deal with the DWOC take a page from their insurance company and start revoking permits.

Edit: Whoops, brain fart.

I can go out on my step and burn a bible wrapped in a flag, it's how we roll in the land of the free.

Why is this church burning the koran a bad idea?
Oh ya, it'll start violence or something right?  I guess that's only fair considering how opposed (Radical?) Islam is to burning American flags, bibles and the odd service member.

Don't see these guys as any different than the West Buro church.

That's a really bad idea. Have any of you seen the South Park episode where Family Guy shows Muhammad on TV? I estimate this may have a similar outcome...

crooks.a said:
That's a really bad idea. Have any of you seen the South Park episode where Family Guy shows Muhammad on TV? I estimate this may have a similar outcome...

Intersting.  Perhaps this belongs in the "I wonder why" thread, but after reading this:

HavokFour said:
Lasers could defend helicopters against missiles
"Our lasers give off a signal that's like throwing sand in the eyes of the missile," said Mohammed Islam, a professor in the department of electrical engineering and computer science at UM.
Read more...

Why do Muslims get in such an uproar about a cartoon, when so many of them name themselves after Mohammed?  Seems to be two sides of the same coin.  Perhaps we should call in the Jedi and declare "This is not the Mohammed that you are looking for."

Technoviking said:
Though I've often heard the argument that religious, or "holy" wars have killed more people than...well, anything, it's a myth.  Heck, I think that the second world war alone shattered any previous record (though one "neo-atheist" claimed to me that since Hilter was raised Roman catholic, then World War 2 was a holy war   )

But your point is well-made.  And as I stated previous, many fail to realise that Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship the same God: where Christianity evolved from Judaism, Mohammedism, or Islam, evolved from Christianity.

"It" transcends all religion, be they based in Judaism or otherwise. "It" also has a lot of secret societies that have had much influence over certain countries over certain time periods. The Nazi party, for example, takes some of it's core ideologies from a secret society which was into some of "it's" darker aspects. The USA was founded by a lot of people who were Freemasons, where you must submit to a belief in "it" to be a member (I'm not badmouthing freemasonry in any way, for the record. The USA turned out pretty alright if you ask me). Anyhow, I've said enough. "It" is telling me to put my tinfoil hat back on...

Sapplicant said:
"It" transcends all religion, be they based in Judaism or otherwise. "It" also has a lot of secret societies that have had much influence over certain countries over certain time periods. The Nazi party, for example, takes some of it's core ideologies from a secret society which was into some of "it's" darker aspects. The USA was founded by a lot of people who were Freemasons, where you must submit to a belief in "it" to be a member (I'm not badmouthing freemasonry in any way, for the record. The USA turned out pretty alright if you ask me). Anyhow, I've said enough. "It" is telling me to put my tinfoil hat back on...
But World War Two wasn't started to spread any religious ideology.  Neither was world war one.  My point is that people may dress up wars as "religious" in some cases; however, it is almost invariably man's lust for power that causes wars. 

This is not to say that "if you're religious, then there's no wars", because I think we all know that's bunk.

recceguy said:
...If you're going to attack, you better know what your objective is...

Not worth it on this thread old chap.  I made my comment; some agreed, some didn't.

The new and improved me picks his battles  :-X

So i'm sure by now everyone has seen the news about the Pastor in the States that wants to hold a book burning of the Quran. I am flabbergasted, not only is his intent to burn a holy book, but a book from a part of the world where the US, Canada and a host of other countries have troops stationed. What is he thinking. Any thoughts from all the good people out there.

Marc

I hope God speaks to Pastor Terry Jones to tell him not to burn the Quran. "Bad idea Terry but you did get your 15 minutes in the limelight now move on."

I would ask they go ahead and do their Quran book burning BUT one condition, to show they're true resolve they must go deep into taliban country and in front of muslim extremist, they must demonstrate what they intend to do...

I'll bet they back down in a really big hurry.

This is white trash stupidity all over it. This is not what christianity is about. Religion can be a good thing or a really bad thing, its all in how one chooses to apply the principles of their religion.

Now wars are rarely if ever about religion. They are a struggle for power IMO. Sure they may use religion as the cause (in some cases many of the followers will be beleive thats what it is about) behind it but ultimately the leaders are after the power that comes with victory.

Opinions on that statement?

Interesting to note is that Jones is the author of a book called Islam Is Of The Devil.
The burning is likened to a scheme to sell his book. At the cost of what ?
money money money

Canadian Defence Minister Peter MacKay called Jones's initiative "insulting" to Muslims and Canadians of all faiths.

Read more: Qu'ran burning
          (Reproduced under the Fair Dealings provisions of the Copyright Act

Back