• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remembering RCD Trooper Darryl Caswell - 11 June 2007

From all of us here at CFC to the Dragoons and Tpr Caswell's family.

:cdn: :salute:

RIP Trooper Casswell, may God bless your brave and noble soul, and comfort your family in this difficult moment.  Speedy recovery to the wounded. :cdnsalute:

Message from Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, Governor General of Canada, on the death of Trooper Darryl Caswell, June 12, 2007

“My husband Jean-Daniel Lafond and I were saddened to learn of the death of Trooper Darryl Caswell, yesterday in Afghanistan.  Alongside their NATO Force partners, Canadian Forces units are tirelessly doing their utmost to establish security and stability in Afghanistan, despite the many dangers they face. These women and men care deeply about helping to improve the living conditions of the Afghan population, to build infrastructure and to bring about an economic recovery. The sacrifices they make in the name of this ideal deserve our greatest respect.  Our thoughts go out to the friends and family of Trooper Darryl Caswell, as well as to his comrades, who are feeling this loss deeply. Please accept our sincere condolences and know that we are thinking of you.  We also wish a prompt recovery to the soldiers wounded during this incident.”

Statement by Prime Minister Stephen Harper on the death of Trooper Darryl Caswell, June 12, 2007

Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on the death of Trooper Darryl Caswell:

“On behalf of all Canadians, I would like to extend my condolences to the family and friends of Trooper Darryl Caswell.  Our thoughts are with them during this difficult time.  Trooper Caswell was killed while working to improve the security and stability in the northern region of the Kandahar province.  He was part of an operation aimed at extending the influence of the Government of Afghanistan. He and his fellow soldiers were facilitating reconstruction and development.  Without security there can be no development in Afghanistan, and thanks to soldiers like Trooper Caswell, we are making significant progress.  He has left a valuable legacy and we will be forever grateful for the ultimate sacrifice he has made for our country.”

Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the Death of Trooper Darryl Caswell, NR–07.051, June 12, 2007

OTTAWA - The Honourable Gordon O'Connor, Minister of National Defence, issued the following statement today on the death of Trooper Darryl Caswell:

“I extend my heartfelt sympathy to the family and friends of Trooper Darryl Caswell who was killed in Afghanistan yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them at this time of loss.

This brave soldier and his comrades were conducting a re-supply mission when the incident occurred.  Their convoy was operating in support of ongoing security efforts being conducted jointly between our forces, Afghan security forces and our international allies.  These efforts in the northern region of Kandahar province are aimed at helping to create the conditions necessary to allow reconstruction and development efforts to proceed at a faster pace.

The Taliban have consistently demonstrated their disregard for peace and improvements to the quality of life for those Afghan citizens that desire peace.

We are making a difference and the Government of Canada stands proudly with our soldiers, sailors, airmen and airwomen as they strive to protect Canadians, our interests and our values.

-30-

Trooper Caswell was a member of The Royal Canadian Dragoons (RCD), based at Petawawa, Ontario.

RIP trooper.

I just gave him a ride "home" the day before.

Condolences to family, friends and the Dragoons.

Back