• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remembrance Day Flypast - x7 Griffons

Scoobs

Inactive
Reaction score
There is a planned flypast of seven Griffons over the National War Memorial in Ottawa on Remembrance Day.  This is to celebrate their return from Afghanistan.  I'll be there.

Scoobs said:
There is a planned flypast of seven Griffons over the National War Memorial in Ottawa on Remembrance Day.  This is to celebrate their return from Afghanistan.  I'll be there.

Can you get 7 in the air at the same time?  (Obviously NOT from the same sqn  ;D )

Hardy, har, har....  I did have a good laugh and yes, Tac Hel can get 7 in the air at the same time.

I figure that you're a seized wing fellow? ;)

Scoobs said:
I figure that you're a seized wing fellow? ;)

I was in Borden when we were able to get 8 in the air at the same time while on Ex for HR trg!  Pretty sure you were there too!

Strike said:
I was in Borden when we were able to get 8 in the air at the same time while on Ex for HR trg!  Pretty sure you were there too!

Aaah, I get it now.  I never knew that you were ex-pilote.  I never checked your info until now.  I think that I have it figured out who you are, but I thought that you were posted to Ottawa??

I don't think that I was in Borden working for 400 or 427 Sqn at that time for HR trg, assuming that you were at 427 Sqn that time?  I think that I may have already been posted by that time to Boredom, aka Borden, but not in the Tac Hel world at that time.

I'm no longer at a Tac Hel unit.  I was informed of this from a former Tac Hel associate.  I would assume that they would be a mix of different units considering that there are supposed to be seven.  That's my best guess.

I think that I have it, but Strike hasn't responded yet or PM'ed me, so maybe I'll go get some McDonald's french fries with lots of salt, sick back, and enjoy them.  :)

Back