• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Repairing Leather Tear

Calvin1509

Inactive
Reaction score
I just made about a 3/4 inch long laceration in the toe-cap of one of my Oxfords as I scraped it along the bottom of a door by accident. It doesn't go all the way through, maybe just about 1/2mm. But it's noticeable. Any suggestions for how to repair this? I hope that I'll eventually be able to gloss it over so that it still shines.  :-\

Calvin1509 said:
I just made about a 3/4 inch long laceration in the toe-cap of one of my Oxfords as I scraped it along the bottom of a door by accident. It doesn't go all the way through, maybe just about 1/2mm. But it's noticeable. Any suggestions for how to repair this? I hope that I'll eventually be able to gloss it over so that it still shines.  :-\

A burn shine might work. I rather go with the new shoes if you have the points.

Look in the yellow pages under, shoes/footware and find a cobbler, they still exist, they can repair this for next to nothing. I have an E size foot, very wide and the QM only had ankle boots that went upto a D, found a cobbler and he widened the boots for me, also had them double soled at the same time.

Back