• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replica Canadian Identity Discs

jlself

Inactive
Reaction score
My husband is retired military (1RCR) and when he left he turned in his tags.  As a gift, I decided to get all his medals and other decorative military items framed and I would really like to put a set of replica tags in the display but I'm having a really hard time getting a good set.  I ordered a set from www.mydogtag.com but when they arrived they looked all wrong (they are engraved, not stamped - and even the font was wrong).  Can someone please help me find a place that makes actual authentic-looking tags not just knock-offs to satisfy the general public?

Can give these guys a try fairly expensive tho.

http://www.herooutdoors.com/engraved-canadian-military-dog-tags/

www.cpgear.com

Basically indistinguishable from the real deal, great & quick customer service.

A fairly frequent go-to for new members at their wit's end with the sometimes less than speedy pace of receiving identity tags through the conventional mechanism.

Thanks for the help everyone - I'm following up on the sources you all suggested.

@BurnDoctor - I did check with cpgear.com and I've been told they no longer have the machine to make them anymore :( I was pretty bummed and it's too bad if, like you said, this was a frequent go-to for new members who were struggling with getting the tags normally.

Thanks again everyone!  Please feel free to continue to post suggestions if anyone has other ideas ... I haven't purchased anything yet.

I saw them at the Petawawa Canex for, I think, less than $5.  For the life of me, I couldn't think of why anyone would pay for blank I disks.

Then it came to me....and I now have a set -- the top portion has "Jack Daniels" as Religion (I moved blood type to 4th line, deleting Cdn Forces); the bottom portion reads simply "Erase my browser history." 

During AAGs/DAGs, no one actually reads them, they just want you to show them to tick the box.

Yes, I'm that  immature.  :nod:

I ordered the Replica disc from www.mydogtag.com and they look better than the one I got from the forces. They are don't stamp the discs anymore, they are using the same laser technology as the army is using now. If you want yours to look like the old kind, then this is not the company you are looking for. I love mine and I will probably buy more for my girlfriend.

Back