• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Replies to Honouring the Dead Without Hypocrisy

My thanks for Dr G exposing those ghouls attempting to exploit our dead.

Of all people the Liberals should have kept their mouths closed; they were the ones who made the commitment to go to Afghanistan in the first place. Jack Layton and his gang should say as much about our dead as they did about our mission between the initial deployment in 2002 and the election of the Harper government, i.e. nothing at all. The behavior of the press is particularly vile, my sincere wish is to embed these jokers in units in Afghanistan and then "un embed" them out in the wilds beyond the perimeter.

I am unimpressed by the Conservatives as well, since I certainly expected a more straight forward "tell it like it is" approach than we have been getting. Saying things straight was a big factor in getting elected, continuing to tell the unvarnished truth is what will keep you in power.

A_Maj

i agree...BUT...lets let the current PC miniority gov have "atleast" a year to clean it up and get it all on track??

Aside from all the comments on PM Harper being too "Bush" from the folks that are...IMHO...in the dark...I think "we" are heading in the right direction.

Just my 2 all...comments welcome  :blotto:

The best move for the government, serving military, and family of the soldiers is to make the decision as to wether to allow the press to be present, and to what extent, for the repatriation of the fallen to the families of the slain.  I would suggest that a public affairs officer, and possibly the unit chaplain should be the ones to discuss it with them, taking pains to make sure that the decision made reflects the wishes of the family.  I think the right to vette any footage and commentary before release would be a good starting point.
    I would like to see the leftists of the press try defending their attempted intrusions in the face of a simple statement that the family requests privacy for this, most private of all occasions.
    Likewise, those who wish to see their loved ones publicly honoured for the sacrifice they have made should have the right.  Glory to those who fell on the field; let the honour they showed in life, be repaid manyfold by those the fought to defend.

Back