• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reporting into Petawawa

Coyote43D

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm posted to Pet next week and I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to report to (ie what building) when I get there?. I'm leaving the school after five years and I just rebadged from LdSH(RC) so I've never been posted to Pet. Spent a couple of summers there as a reservist but was never posted there.

I think it's still Bldg E1 for the base but someone will have to confirm...

DO NOT wear a skirt to clear in!! OK, I'm a girl, reported into Pet in 91 from Halifax (back when we still did it in DEUs), wore my skirt. BIG mistake, I had the SSF RSM yelling at me not 10 seconds after I walked in the door to HQ to clear. "What trade are you %&%!!" Well here you are a soldier first, a Sup Tech second and a $^$% woman LAST!!" "Do you understand me Pte?" I gave the NATO standard response of course.

By the time my sponser from my Unit showed up to take me over to the 2nd Circus, my new CSM had already been notified that I had 3 extras coming to me. Welcome to Pet I thought, but hey...it did manage to 'scare the Army' right into me!

Good luck in Pet, you'll enjoy it. I had a blast (and obviously racked up a 'few' extras). I miss it there.

If I recall correctly, E-1 doesn't even exist anymore. Tore it down a few years ago.
You clear in at S-111. First bldg on the left after entering the main gate.

Do I have to report into Base before I report into the RCD? When I was posted to Gagetown I did the School first then Base.

Coyote43D said:
Do I have to report into Base before I report into the RCD? When I was posted to Gagetown I did the School first then Base.

Report to your unit first

You're best off to be asking this question to somebody in the RCD. Did you not get any direction when you got posted???
I know you'll be passing through S-111 at some point on your clearing in, but it might not be your first stop. Better be safe and talk to your unit.

Didn't they give you a sponser at your Unit to ask all these questions of? Or send you a welcome or briefing package with pertinent details such as Gagetown does?

Only package I got was from the MFRC, same as when I was posted to Gagetown. I didn't have a sponsor either.

Go to the RCD duty centre and tell them your situation and they tell you where to go

Infantry_ said:
Go to the RCD duty centre and tell them your situation and they tell you where to go

+1

This is my 5th base and i have always reported to my unit first. That gets the process strted, tells your boss that you are there.  I reported in to CFB Petawawa in 1993 and thats what i did there.  Your unit should have assigned you a sponsor to show you around and aswer these questions for you.

aesop081 said:
+1
Your unit should have assigned you a sponsor to show you around and aswer these questions for you.

Nope, no sponsor unless they assigned me one and didn't tell me.

Coyote43D said:
Nope, no sponsor unless they assigned me one and didn't tell me.

I realize that they didnt do this for you...i was just pointing out that they should have apointed one or if they did, you should have been told about it.  Sorry that the system failed you on that one

If you are driving, drive straight through the front Gate (Has a big statue of an Airborne Trooper with full pack, Snowshoes, etc and the new Electronic Sign that is now blocking the view, the two Base Signs, Frederick's Gate Sign, Guard House - This is if you have come in from Petawawa Blvd over the Bridge and past the Legion......Lost yet?)

Straight through the Front Gate (Frederick's Gate) and go straight about 1 Km to a 4 Way Stop.  Go Straight.  Another K and you will see the Coriano Club (Your new Club) and then turn right just before you reach the Coriano.  In front of you will be a large white Training Lecture building (B 102) on the left side of the road at an intersection.  Opposite it is a parking lot.  Turn right into the Parking lot.  To the north is the RCD HQ (F-104) and to the East is the RCD Shack (F-15).  Go in the Entrance of F-104 where the Lynx monument is.  The Duty Room is the window on the Right.  Tell them "George Sent You."  ;D

George Wallace said:
The Duty Room is the window on the Right.  Tell them "George Sent You."   ;D

If you say that while I'm on RDS.......      >:D

Seriously though.....report in to the Regiment first. We'll help you out.

I know the Sqn you're going to......hope you're up to par on dismounted ops.    ;)

At least that's what's I saw in the office a few days ago.....mind you things change at the drop of a hat these days.

Regards

Recce By Death said:
I know the Sqn you're going to......hope you're up to par on dismounted ops.     ;)

There's something called dismounted ops???  :eek:

One of the guys that just got posted down here said that he saw my name on a list to go to 1 Tp D Sqn.

Coyote43D said:
There's something called dismounted ops???  :eek:

One of the guys that just got posted down here said that he saw my name on a list to go to 1 Tp D Sqn.

You have heard of the "Fleet Management Program"?  That probably means you are going to a Sqn that doesn't currently hold any vehicles.   ;D  "Dismounted Ops".  Heavy on the Foot Patrolling and all that old Mud Recce stuff.  Good for you......gets you in shape......makes those IMPs go down easier....  ;D

George Wallace said:
......makes those IMPs go down easier....  ;D

And if you play your hygiene just right,....come out easier too !!!  ;D

Back