• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Request for occupation related courses(Reservist) + renewing quals

multihobbist

Inactive
Reaction score
I remembered how brief I should be at this and cut down to very simple points.

1.Is there a way to learn french in a qualified insitute other than my current post secondiary institute and have it funded by the forces as a reservist?
I've been surrounded french speaking NCMs recently and it's becoming a problem due to miscommunication.

2.How do you request to renew your first aid + CPR qualifications in the reserve system?
Mine expires within the month.

3.How do you request to renew your 404s?
Mine expires on the same day as my G license expires and it will happen over the summer while I'm on the tasking.

4. Happy fathers day

Your immediate supervisor is the best place to start.

The only problem with that is that He's physically 2000km away until mid july and will most definately lack the internet access, by the time he returns
I'll be about a week away from having expired 404s.
His 2ic has no idea and he's releasing within next week
and there's no more left in chain

multihobbist said:
Okay, I just feel a bit off going to the CSM about admin stuff

Well, i dont know what rank you are but is there not one level between you and the CSM ? If you are at the level immediately below a CSM, i am rather surprised you are even asking these questions.

I'm not sure what unit you work in but does it not have something along the lines of a training NCO or Ops NCO ?

Your 404s should be a simple call to the MSE safety section of the base you are at.

Take all these problems to your immediate supervisor. Especially the expiry of your 404's and more importantly if you are a driver, or drive as part of your duties.

That is where to start. This is the wrong place to be waiting for an answer.

If your supervisor is not present and consequently is unable to help you, there's nothing wrong with respectfully adressing the next available link in the change of command, explaining why it is you need to speak to them directly, explaining your problem, and asking for their recommended course of action. They shouldn't give you crap for being proactive about your own administrative issues.

If you're employed on Cl B this summer, you should have a chain of command there. If you like, you can fire me a PM and let me know where you are this summer and what you're doing, and I can suggest who perhaps you ought to be seeking out there to help you. (their positions, I mean, likely I don't have specific names.)

Get your PDL renewed before going on your tasking, especially when it is out of your home province. When you get to your summer tasking go to the MSE Safety section and have them renew your DND 404s. While on your tasking see if they are running a first aide course.

multihobbist said:
1.Is there a way to learn french in a qualified insitute other than my current post secondiary institute and have it funded by the forces as a reservist?
I've been surrounded french speaking NCMs recently and it's becoming a problem due to miscommunication.

http://www.allies.forces.gc.ca/registration/index-eng.asp

Self-tutor program you do online. Its not bad, I'm using the program in conjunction with NP1 tutoring at the Language school in Kingston and it is pretty good if you have a little background in French. Not sure how it would be just trying to pick up French from nothing.

Back