• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve: Admin review comming up... Help!

PteR-gunner

Inactive
Reaction score
OK! here where I stand:

earlier this year I was going to start BMQ, we had a 'personal family' emergency and I was not able to pursue the BMQ.
(I had admin counseling with a superior member to clarify the issue, and I thought I was OK) since last week I was told to get it in writing, apparently my letter was not "up to the task" or the format was not right.

How 'formal' or what should be written on it?
I want to give a good impression at the review time.

and the leter has to indicate that would like to be reinstated to the next available BMQ.

thank you for your info.  :cdnsalute:

PteR-gunner said:
How 'formal' or what should be written on it?
I want to give a good impression at the review time.

and the leter has to indicate that would like to be reinstated to the next available BMQ.

thank you for your info.  :cdnsalute:

OK.. you're a Pte (R), right?  Nobody expects you to have awesome, NDHQ type writing abilities with regards to format, etc.

Write it in business letter format.  Be neat (use a PC if you can).  Use proper punctuation and capitaization. Spell and grammar check it and have someone else, who you regard as smart, proof read it for you.

Sign it, in ink, and deliver it.

Do 25 pushups.  Repeat.

There must be someone at your unit who you answer to directly- someone who 'babysits' the crowd of new guys as it were. You should be able to get help to write a properly formatted memo. That's probably what they're looking for.

If you can't get help from a supervisor at your unit, send me a message here and I'll try to help you out as best I can.

Only because I am hella bored this evening, I decided to write you a standard template. I recommend on writing your own due to the fact, I don't know the facts of your matter ;) , as well, self-reliability. Food for thought: Think of your letter as a cover letter for your resume, list why what where how you could not attend, only factual information, leave intangibles out as they will unlikely not be weighed by a panel if it goes to that stage. First and foremost, take Brihard's suggestion of speaking with someone at your local unit for ideas ont he construction of your letter and the substance needed.

<date here>

Dear Sir or Madam, <insert title and name if you know who you are writing it too>

I would first like to thank you for the opportunity in giving me the chance to officially clarify my situation as it arose and now has settled, as stated with <name of superior admin. staff who you met with> during our meeting on <date here of meeting>.

The personal emergency situation of <date here>, had serious implications not only on my personal life but also delayed me/prevented me (pick the better verb) from attending the Basic Military Qualification (BMQ) course on <insert date here>.

The situation was; <insert facts here about your “unique” situation followed by the implication of why you couldn’t attend your BMQ date> <Remember to show resolve and that the matter will NOT affect you any longer! Can’t deny honest – ROD (resolution of doubt)>

I would greatly appreciate if I would be able to be given the opportunity to resume my position in the recruiting process and to attend the next available BMQ date.

Sincerely,

<sign here>

Your Name
123 Street Blvd.
Ottawa, Ontario
L0E 1E0
Phone:
Mobile:

Now that you have had your hand held for an idea of a letter - out of curiosity - Which arty regiment did you put your application through with?

Back