• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve to Regforce Time in Calculations help

Mongo007

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello i was wondering if anyone knows where to find the documentation or what is the official way they Calculate your time in when going from Reserves to the Reg Force? 

I'm asking because I think they have messed up on mine i had 6.5 years in the reserves and they only gave me 217 days that's just over 8 months.

thanks for the help

IIRC (and you can take this with a grain of salt because mine was never calculated properly, either), Class B & C counts day for day and Class A is counted at 1/4 (e.g. 4 days = 1 day).

Time in for what purpose?  Pensionable time?  Time credit for Promotion?  IPC calculation?

All may differ depending on a number of variables.

Pensionable time is now class B + class C + (paid class A days * 1.4)

TCP / IPC will vary depending on your Res F rank on entry, what Reg F rank you were granted, and will also vary on whether you were a pure CT, or a CT/OT.

I was in reserve infantry and i transferred to Reg airforce i was Cpl 4 in reserves and they gave 217 days and a recruit school bypass and i was given the rank of Pte B.

I'm looking mainly for promotion right now as if i can get more days i will get my Spec pay and back pay for the days that have gone by.

thanks

Did you work any Class B contracts during your 8 years in the Mo?

Mongo007 said:
I was in reserve infantry and i transferred to Reg airforce i was Cpl 4 in reserves and they gave 217 days and a recruit school bypass and i was given the rank of Pte B.

I'm looking mainly for promotion right now as if i can get more days i will get my Spec pay and back pay for the days that have gone by.

thanks

Do you hold the qualifications required to be a Cpl in your new trade?  If not, no spec pay.

Yes i worked about 8 months of class B over my 6 years.

I do now but i still wont get my Cpl's for another 7 months. If i can figure out if i should have more time in then back pay will be coming to for sure.

My SOR is looking into it but its been over a year so i'm trying to do all that i can do now too.

So basically you got your 8 months for your class b work, class a days goes as follows.  Full Class A day= half day, 1/2 class A day=1/4 day.

My Buddy complained about his CT as well but he did not work nearly as much as i did.  He did 3 years in the Reserves and he got about 6 months towards his Pte 2.  I did 7 years in the Reserves and got Cpl 2 with 292 days towards Cpl 3.  Though then again I was busier than hell during my 7 years.

Aight (in my gangster voice...lol)

For all those wondering how the wonderpups in Ottawa sort this out, here it is;

Class B and C: 1=1
Class A: 1=0.25

Now for fairness, many wonder "how do they know how many days Class A I worked?"  They don't.

They use a julian calendar to sort this out...of course I don't have one anywhere near me to give an example but i'll try...

Pte A joins 1 Jan 2000 and transfers Reg Force 31 Jan 2001 and has 30 days Class B...

2000 001
-2001 031
-------------
      1  30

So we know this cat has 1 year and 30 days time in service...

1    30
-          30 Class B
-------------
              1 year of time in service unaccounted for
1 year = 365 days
365/4 = 91.25 days

Round up...92 days Class A Service!

So all together, Pte A would be credited the 92 days Class A and the 30 days Class B for a total of 122 days service.

The 122 days counts as pensionable service, time credit for promotion.

Your CD calculation, bit different.  They go right from the date of enrolment in the Reserves.

Now, all told, people who have reserve service and say Pte A looks at his...the "PFTPS" block says 0 yrs 30 days.

PFTPS = Previous FULL TIME Paid Service

Cheers!

Back